Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Lessons So Far *from Lost in Cello blog*

I had my 38th lesson this week.

My teacher (B) has me learning from "methode du jeaune violoncelleste - by L.R. Feuillard" (translation: the young violoncellist's method). B also has had me learning some etudes from this old German study and then for fun he also gives we stuff to work on from Cello Joggers; these are quite fun as they are just simple tunes for young students to work through. Even though they are designed for the young cellist; I still enjoy them as I get to play actual tunes quite easily and don't have to spend weeks trying to play them easily like I have to with the most of my other studies.

I have just started on 1/2 position. Up until this lesson we have worked mostly in first position; although I can do three octaves in the C major scale. B got me started on the third octave a while ago so that "I do not get scared by fourth position when we start it" his words.

I have also just got another study book, this one is the etudes by Feuillard to go with the method book. I love getting a new music book. It's all so new and I have the potential to actually learn how to play all the notes that are on each page.

No better feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment