Places to go; Things to see

Monday, May 10, 2010

Exercise...or lack of.

I weighed myself this morning, it had actually been a while since I had done that. I got caught in the scale trap after surgery, and so lately I have forced myself not to keep jumping on it every day. Monday morning is going to be my weigh-in day. Other than doctor appointments.

But anyway; I have been thinking about exercise lately.

Or my lack of it so far.

When I started this journey, I knew that I would need to exercise quite hard. Like a lot of obese people I have alot of flab; and if I don't exercise I am going to end up with a lot of excess skin. This would have to be my worst fear in this whole thing.

I know it is pretty much a 50/50 chance that I will need surgery to fix the problem later on, but I also know that if I do enough exercise, I can better the odds for myself.

I can make all the excuses in the world for not doing any exercise. My knees, back, body aches. It's too hot, cold, windy. There comes a time when you just have to stop the excuses and start exercising.

So as of tomorrow morning I am going to get off the train the station before work and walk the rest of the way (it should be a twenty minute walk). Rain, hail or shine, I am going to do this.

Now I am being honest with myself here, there should only be one week out of five where I will not be able to do this. And that is because the first train of the morning only gets me to work with about 5 minutes to spare; so on that week I will do it after work and walk from work to the next station.

I know it is not much, but it is a start and from there who knows what will happen. I just need to get started.

At one stage in my life I was regularly going to the gym. I was still weighing in at over 100kg at the time but I was even starting to jog on the treadmill. I am a far bit away from being able to do that again, but I will get there.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great way to start exercising. And you'll notice the more you do it, the quicker you'll become too!

    ReplyDelete