Places to go; Things to see

Friday, June 11, 2010

Long Week-end

Well it is Friday night. The start of a long week-end. I had today off and that will be it for my long week-end.

I am working the rest of the week-end and I am not sure if I am looking forward to it or not. Week-end work is the one love/hate thing in my job. Ask me three time in the one day and I will give you three different answers.

  1. I love the overtime - its the difference between paying all the bills and expenses or paying the bills & expenses and still having something left over to splurge with.
  2. I like the work when I am busy.
  3. But I hate it when it isn't busy - it just makes the whole week-end drag on something.
Thankfully this weekend should be busy. I work in a call centre for long distance trains, but this week-end I will not be on the phones, I will be ticketing bookings all week-end - that usually means I will be kept busy. Thankfully.

And we only have another two weeks until QLD schools go on holidays; so we should be busy as this is the time when people who travel on trains think about travelling for the holidays.

I think the saddest thing is that it is Friday night and I am curled up on the couch trying to keep warm and watching a bit of the idiot box. (There is nothing good on TV)

One of these days I am going to organise a long week-end away. There are so many lovely places in South East Queensland - its just a matter of organising and doing it.

I guess I should go, I have been inspired to search out great destinations.


No comments:

Post a Comment