Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, July 25, 2010

BOING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the scales and I think after next week when the Summer Meltdown Challenge is over I am going to take a break from them.

I know the problem this week:
  • I had a huge loss last week and that was bound to produce a bit of a bounce this week, because that just seems to be the thing that my body loves to do.
  • TOM just arrived to give me help for three days.
  • Also; it has been so cold here my water intake has only been around the 1 - 1.5 litre mark instead of the 2 - 2.5 litre mark.
 And what was the result this morning you ask:


25 July 2010 - 129.1kg (284.6 lb) - up 0.8kg (1.8 lb)


I know it is only 0.8kg or 1.8lb, but sometimes I just want to scream and throw the scales out the window. It rules my emotions and I am really beginning to hate this. I have always been ruled by the scales and it really pisses me off!

The best thing I can say this week is that I am not upset. I know it will be back off next week as there are real reasons for the excess this week. So I am going to get on with my week and not worry about it.

In other much better news today; a friend (J) had a Christmas in July lunch today - as it is winter here in Australia, it is something that has been getting more and more popular. We had a wonderful lunch of baked ham, duck (she wanted to do goose, but couldn't find any and wanted something a little different to the traditional turkey) and roasted vegetables. I had really small portions of each. And enjoyed every mouthful. And then for dessert there was pavlova with passion fruit and raspberries on top. I enjoyed a small piece of this too.


This is what I was wanting with my band. Being able to enjoy a lunch with friends and at the end of it not feel guilty that I stuffed myself silly.

What made this one even better is that I had lunch over at J's place for the real Christmas and back in December I over ate so much. I went back for seconds on everything; as well as devouring heaps of nibbles before the lunch.

And the funniest thing of the day is that I happened to be wearing the same shirt that I had worn last time (I really don't have that big of a wardrobe to choice from :) and the difference between now and then was amazing.

Of course I don't have pictures from Christmas, and I didn't think to take photo's today (I am still very camera shy) but you know when you wear something and it fits but it is really tight and you don't feel comfortable in it? Well that was me at Christmas time in this shirt.

Now, you know that feeling when you wear something that was always tight and then after not wearing it for ages you try it on and realise you are past the stage were it fits and now it is actually too BIG!!!!! Yeah, the fantastic feeling were you realise that something in you wardrobe is too big for you! Well that was me today.

It really is a great feeling and I think it is main reason why I have not let the scales get me down. It just reinforced my own belief that I am doing really well and I am going to succeed.

Days like today just highlight how far I have come and how much happier I am inside me.

Today was a good day. I hope everyone had one just as good.

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the stupid scale. I am such a scale whore! I get on it morning and night. Sounds like you had a nice time with your friend. The DH and I went out to dinner last night and I had 1 crab cake, a couple of tortilla chips and 3 or 4 bites of key lime pie. I wasn't stuffed and I too enjoyed every bite. I love my band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scale is on my shit-list, too. Kudos on the shirt being too big! I think that counts as an NSV :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same with the scale. It's amazing how something so little can ruin my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throw them out the window I say!!!

    Actually - I refuse to weigh the week of my TOM - I'm always up at least a kg and it's just too depressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay you had a NSV!! If that stupid scale says you gained or didn't even lose just remember you have lost inches at least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on the scale front! They just suck. I am being measured at the gym on monday and hope to see some good loss' in inches.

    You are doing great Sam...remember that regardless what the damn scale says!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack - those damn scales can do our head in. I am with you there.
    And I really identify with the wearing the piece of clothing that was once too big and is not fitting. It's the best feeling in the world.

    ReplyDelete