Four Months since I was banded.
Some things I have learned since that wonderful day that really has changed my life:
- There is a wonderful; loving and supportive community in Blogland - you just need to let the wonderful people in.
- The band doesn't make your food choices for you - you still are in charge of them.
- Head hunger is not the only type of hunger I can experience (who knew?) - I have experienced real hunger and it didn't kill me
- I can actually open a packet of Tim Tam's and eat two biscuits and then put the packet away!! - I'm still working on the second visit to the packet in this plan; where I am tend to eat three or four biscuits, but it's not all at once and I have forgotten that the packet was opened for over a week in between the visits
- After losing 23.6kg (52 lbs - I had to look this up - I had not realised it was that many pounds) I know I still have a long way to go, but I can begin to believe that I will get there.