Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Four months

I almost forgot:

Four Months since I was banded.

Some things I have learned since that wonderful day that really has changed my life:
  • There is a wonderful; loving and supportive community in Blogland - you just need to let the wonderful people in.
  • The band doesn't make your food choices for you - you still are in charge of them.
  • Head hunger is not the only type of hunger I can experience (who knew?) - I have experienced real hunger and it didn't kill me
  • I can actually open a packet of Tim Tam's and eat two biscuits and then put the packet away!! - I'm still working on the second visit to the packet in this plan; where I am tend to eat three or four biscuits, but it's not all at once and I have forgotten that the packet was opened for over a week in between the visits
  • After losing 23.6kg (52 lbs - I had to look this up - I had not realised it was that many pounds) I know I still have a long way to go, but I can begin to believe that I will get there.
There are probably a million other things I could add I may just save them for another month. Now I am just happy to have gotten a lot of my chest yesterday and can look forward to another month of moving forward to a new thinner me.

Cheers,

5 comments:

  1. Amazing job! Over 50 pounds in 4 months! And will power to boot! Sounds like you are working your band! Keep up the great work!
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Over 50 in 4 months...GREAT! Congrats and keep up the AWESOME work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim Tams are the bane of my existence.

    Our biggest client is from Australia and every time they come to visit us they bring along bags and bags of Tim Tams.

    I admire your ability to not gobble up the whole pack at once!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Happy bandiversary, Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50 pounds is amazing! Yippee! We were banded around the same time... I am so happy for you. I would love to tell folks what I weight in Kilograms instead of pounds so It seems like i weigh less or even stones... Which makes me weigh even less. Anyway, Happy Bandiversary! *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..." Check out my blogs at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete