Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Head Verses the Stomach

After my last post I have been thinking a lot and with the help of the remark left by Work in Progress I have come to the realisation that I have been hungry.

For so long I was overeating so much that I don't think I every really knew what hungry felt like and so since the band I have been constantly fighting against my head hunger. I never took into account that I could actually be really hungry.

Don't get me wrong I am still battling the head hunger, but I have been thinking that some of the hunger pains and some of the meals I have been eating were because I was actually hungry.

Amazing... six month's ago I would never have know that sensation when I was not on a strict diet. And then I would have been moaning about it constantly.

Now, I don't even realise it and just think my head hunger I is again getting out of control.

It really is amazing how one comment can change your whole perspective on a situation.

To that end; I had an appointment with my surgeon today and I got another fill.

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

It was only a little fill of 0.5ml - but he doesn't want to over fill. I don't mind, as long as it helps me on my journey.

I really am of two minds on my fills.

First and foremost I want that great restriction that allows my to eat well, but not get stuck all the time.

On the other hand I really am petrified that I will become over filled and and won't be able to keep anything down. This probably the only real fear I have with my band, and it is really more of the unknown that scares me more than anything, so I can live with that for now.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you went and got a fill!!! Got to work these bands :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a blog post today that was similar to your struggles with knowing the difference... I will tell you one thing, my head is hungrier than my stomach, almost all the time. i think it's because my head hunger always got fed in my old life and now it's being neglected. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at band camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if i will ever psychologically get past the fact that my head says im hungry but im actually not.... if that day ever comes i will be one happy girl because i know my head is hungry all the time while as my stomach is normal but its my head that lets me down. By golly is it confusing tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a struggle, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cool - enjoy that fill and let it do it's magic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks every one, I'll be sure to keep you posted on how this fill is going.

    And to keep you updated on my struggle with head/stomach hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this fill works out for you *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete