Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Small Cry of Shame

I am not too down about this at the moment - give it a day and it may be another matter entirely.

Weigh in was this morning and I gained this week.

I am back up to 131.1kg (289 lb)

The only thing I can think is that I spoke too soon last week when I said I thought I had gotten over my next milestone.

I had thought my next milestone was getting over the 20 kilogram weight lose, I had forgotten about the getting into the 120's....

Who am I kidding!?! The truth is I have had a few not so good weeks and it has finally caught up with me on the scales.

Not terrible weeks, but there has been the occasional days were I really have not been paying attention and have eaten the wrong things (i.e. chocolate in more than bite size quantities) and so I really have no one to blame for this but myself.

This is the gain I was expecting to happen last and it is my own fault for not taking the lose last week as a sign that the scales are not always going to save me from myself.

So the only thing I can do is what I am supposed to do.

Eat the right foods, small portions and stay away from too many slider foods.

This is one of the reasons I have chosen to have two free sugar days from Drazil's BYOC. I knew this was coming so I put a plan into place to hopefully get back on track.

I would say wish me luck, but I don't need luck, I need the resolve to follow through with this plan.

4 comments:

  1. Oh good luck!!! It's hard to get back on track but you can do it!!

    Like you said - stay away from the sliders and let the band start doing it's job for you.

    I'm just recovering from a few weeks like that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're on to something here--planning and resolve is the best approach. You've admitted your problem and are facing it head-on. Now, you'll get somewhere. No excuses...just results! (Oh gosh!I sound like a cheesy trainer or something).

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you know what you should do to fix it and having a good attitude about it. Tomorrow will be a next week with new results. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the take charge attitude. I know this will be a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete