Places to go; Things to see

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sugar Hit

Wow, what a sugar hit day.
I have decided that I am becoming severely addicted again. It has been awhile, but it really is getting out of hand.

Today I ate a whole bag of snakes - yes, you heard correctly; a WHOLE bag. It was over the course of the day, but that is no excuse. I started having just four little snakes for morning tea.

I thought to myself, `that will be okay and then I can have some more tomorrow`.

Yeah, right. I finished them and before I released it (or was paying attention) I had a second handful.

I folded the bag up and put them away. Fast forward to after lunch (wrong choice here I had a fish cake and it was really too soft to sustain for long) and the brain started again.

`Just a couple more snakes won`t hurt`... AND I LISTENED.

So before long the bag was finished and I am so sugared up I can`t sit still.

Home time and on the train I can barely keep my eyes open (sugar rush well and truly over)

So here I am, having eaten more sugar in one day than I have in the previous month, wondering how I can get off this roller coaster.

I am going to have to do more than I few days of no sugar. I know it will be hard, but I have to get off. I have been fine for so long with just having a little chocolate or lollies every other day or so. This process has been great.

But I know me, I am going to have to clear the slate of all sugar for a while before I try to enjoy my treats again. If I try to just go back to my occasional treat, it will not work and I will continue to splurge in bulk.

You know what started this? I saw the lollies on special at the supermarket and I just grabbed a couple of bags for work. We have team meetings every other week and we all take turns is supplying some lollies to snack on while in the meetings. I hadn`t supplied the sugar rush in awhile so knew it would be my turn soon. I though if I grab them when they were on special I wouldn`t need to pay three times as much at the nearest 7/11 on the day of the meeting.

Next time I won`t worry about paying the extra money.

So now I need to work on a bit of a detox to work the sugar out. I am thinking of just cutting out sugar, and eating more whole foods.

This will mean planning meals in advance. I now it will be hard but I shall succeed, or else!!
{Insert Evil Laugh Here}
I better get to it. I need to plan and organise so that I can follow through with this plan. And I need to read your blogs, need to keep up with it all.

7 comments:

  1. OK - I'm going to try and follow your example and get my act together too!

    Yesterday I ate TWO bags of lollies (yikes!!!)

    When it's that TOM my restriction flies out the window - that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar is my demon too... It is like crack. *Maria*-This one time at BAND Camp..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the winner is.... YOU. I nominated you for an award. Check it out. http://mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html
    *Maria*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sam! Sugar is the Devil! I can't wait to see how you beat him down! -BG

    I'm here:
    http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's only one way to kick the sugar demon - cold turkey. I'm a huge sugar addict and if I have one bite, or try to ween myself off it slowly, it doesn't work - I JUST WANT MORE SUGAR! It's seriously all chemical and hormonal, we really have no control over it. So don't beat yourself, but you gotta do cold turkey. The first two days will suck, but it'll be smooth sailing after that! I know, I've had to do it MANY many times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, I love snakes! I don't blame you for eating the whole packet :-)

    I wish I could be one of those people who could have one or two lollies and put the rest away for a rainy day. Sadly anything sugary just calls to me and demands to be eaten. And it's so much easier to just give in!

    Good luck with going cold turkey... sometimes it's the only way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snakes, we call them gummy worms here :) I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you much luck and sometimes cutting out sugar completely is the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete