There are times when I just do not know if this is something I want to do, as it seems that in all previous weight loss attempts, when I set goals, that is when I usually fall of the diet wagon.
This is not one of those times.
Right now I want to make a wish list (or as Island Bandit put it "To Do List") I like the idea of the To Do List, that way it is something I have to do; rather then something I want, but really have no hope of getting (e.g. I wish I could win the lotto (it really is something that is never gonna happen)
So here is my To Do List - definitely a work in progress:
- Get into double digits - I do not know when I weighed under 100kg. The closest I have ever gotten was a few years ago at weight watchers (I got down to 102kg before I lost the plot). I don't even know when I went over this number in the first place, I would have been in my teens, but I never paid any attention to my weight and we did not even have a working set of scales. More on this subject at a later date I think.
- Buy a great outfit and look good in it. I want to be able to buy something that is in fashion and look great in it - I will first need to find a fashion style that I like and looks good on me, but that will also be part of the fun.
- Buy a pair of heeled boots. I love boots, but just cant wear them as my calves have always been so big. And heels are something else entirely.
- Wear a pair of Skinny High Heels - I have just rediscovered my court shoe heels but I want to be able to wear the skinny heels, I have never been able to wear a pair, so I know I will need lots of practice :)
- Run in a 10km race - this one could take a while as at this stage I can't even walk 10km at the one time, but I will get there. I am going the start with the couch to 5km program - a friend at work had a great idea, do it first with walking - regular and power walking until I am power walking for the whole 30 minutes in the program - then I will be ready to start the program over again but with jogging and running. I will see how I go, but I am hopeful that it will work. I just need to get started on it. (I want to use the cold weather as an excuse, but I am tired of excuses.
- Get a Passport - simple I know, but I just never get around to it.
- Use my new passport - yes I want to travel overseas. I want to see the world, the problem is I always plan these huge trips that I am never going to be able to afford, (unless that wishing for lotto finally comes through!?!) so I want to plan a shorter more manageable overseas holiday.