Places to go; Things to see

Friday, July 2, 2010

To Do List - a work in progress

I have noticed that a lot of people have 'wish lists' for when they have lost their weight.

There are times when I just do not know if this is something I want to do, as it seems that in all previous weight loss attempts, when I set goals, that is when I usually fall of the diet wagon.

This is not one of those times.

Right now I want to make a wish list (or as Island Bandit put it "To Do List") I like the idea of the To Do List, that way it is something I have to do; rather then something I want, but really have no hope of getting (e.g. I wish I could win the lotto (it really is something that is never gonna happen)

So here is my To Do List - definitely a work in progress:

  1. Get into double digits - I do not know when I weighed under 100kg. The closest I have ever gotten was a few years ago at weight watchers (I got down to 102kg before I lost the plot). I don't even know when I went over this number in the first place, I would have been in my teens, but I never paid any attention to my weight and we did not even have a working set of scales. More on this subject at a later date I think.
  2. Buy a great outfit and look good in it. I want to be able to buy something that is in fashion and look great in it - I will first need to find a fashion style that I like and looks good on me, but that will also be part of the fun.
  3. Buy a pair of heeled boots. I love boots, but just cant wear them as my calves have always been so big. And heels are something else entirely.
  4. Wear a pair of Skinny High Heels - I have just rediscovered my court shoe heels but I want to be able to wear the skinny heels, I have never been able to wear a pair, so I know I will need lots of practice :)
  5. Run in a 10km race - this one could take a while as at this stage I can't even walk 10km at the one time, but I will get there. I am going the start with the couch to 5km program - a friend at work had a great idea, do it first with walking - regular and power walking until I am power walking for the whole 30 minutes in the program - then I will be ready to start the program over again but with jogging and running. I will see how I go, but I am hopeful that it will work. I just need to get started on it. (I want to use the cold weather as an excuse, but I am tired of excuses.
  6. Get a Passport - simple I know, but I just never get around to it.
  7. Use my new passport - yes I want to travel overseas. I want to see the world, the problem is I always plan these huge trips that I am never going to be able to afford, (unless that wishing for lotto finally comes through!?!) so I want to plan a shorter more manageable overseas holiday.
Okay, I might have to leave it here for now. Otherwise it will get to be more of a wish list rather than the to do list it is intended to be.

6 comments:

  1. This is a great list!! I can't wait to see you cross some of these off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I'm honored to go through this journey with you to see you accomplish all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list... I am writing one myself and will post it when I am done. It is amazing how rewarding the little things are. I sit in a booth at every restaurant that I eat at that has them... I love booths. They are comfy and cozy... but I couldn't sit in them for almost 5 years. Now...i'm back in my cozy booths. Baby steps, right? *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing you meet each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great tactic to set goals - keeps your eye on the prize so to speak. And yours are totally achievable, I look forward to seeing them crossed off!!

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are good goals! And the 10k is very manageable with practice and committment! Goodluck sweetie!

    ReplyDelete