Places to go; Things to see

Monday, August 2, 2010

I just want to SCREAM!!

I have not stopped crying since I was told. I just want to scream.

At the same time I want to slap myself for being so emotional. It is just a cello after all.

I got a phone call from my Mum at work this afternoon. She came home and found my cello had fallen from it's stand and has broken. Mum said it looked like the bridge had been broken. My heart crumpled and I have barely been able to stop crying since she told me.

When I got home I had a look at the damage and it isn't as bad as she thought, thankfully she doesn't know the bits and pieces of the cello. It is still bad; the neck has broken off and there are some deep scratches in the front of the cello body.

I named her Lily when I first got. She's has beautiful deep colouring and the back of her reminder me of a tiger eye stone my Mum used to wear. At the time a remembered the stone being called a tiger lily and so the name was shortened to Lily. It wasn't until a few weeks later when I was explaining the name to someone else that I realised it was a tiger eye not lily, but by then I was used to it and she was just Lily.
This is what Lily should look like.

This is what she now looks like:(

Close up of the damage done to her neck.

Mum is going to take her to the luthier (wonderful instrument maker as I like to call them) for me tomorrow while I'm at work. I hope he will be able to fix her.

I have been trying to figure out how it happened and the only thing I can think of is that my cat Charlie must have been locked in the house this morning after I went to work and while chasing an imaginary or real insect she has rushed past the cello stand and just hit in the wrong spot. Causing Lily to fall to the ground and break.

Okay, I feel a little better now, thanks for reading this. All I can say is, when I get her back, she will not be going back to the stand. When not in use she will be going back into her protective case where she will be safe from cats or wind or whatever else.

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your cello; I really hope the instrument man can make her as good as new for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I think it's lucky that you love Charlie - or he might be in a LOT of trouble about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all works out! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam! - So sorry to read about your cello! Hopefully it will be fixed right back up. Thanks for the blogger award and stopping by. I'm sure glad you did because I didn't have you in my reader! I'll have to catch up, but based on your ticker - looks like you are doing a great job! Take care and I'll be reading.
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so sorry. hopefully the repairs aren't TOO expensive. it is a beautiful cello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive thoughts that your beautiful instrument can be repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sucks :( Im sure it can be fixed and Lily will be as good as new :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that. I really hope she can get fixed.

    ReplyDelete