Places to go; Things to see

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lily and Still Sugar Free

The prognosis doesn't look very good for Lily at the moment.

She is currently being assessed and apparently it may cost quite a bit to get her back to her old self. I have to wait until the luthier can do a full check on her and write up a quote on what it will cost to repair her; but his initial response was that it could cost up to $5000 dollars - Ye Gods. When the insurance company sees that they may decide that they will not pay that and opt for the replacement option instead.

I am hoping that it won't cost that much in the end and the insurance will cover it all. I have checked our content policy and I think it is covered, but I will have to wait until the paper work goes through before I can now for sure.

And in the meantime; I am going to have to look into hiring a cello until Lily is fixed because my music exam is on the 27th August and it will not wait, and there is no way Lily will be ready in time. I get the feeling it could be a long road to recovery for her.

Thanks for all your kind words.  They really helped when I was feeling down.

In other news - Day Five of Sugar Free

Wow, it actually easier and harder at the same time:
  • Easier because I am no longer fighting the sugar cravings
  • Harder because when a workmate offered me a lolly today I almost forgot and NEARLY had one, I remembered in time and it really wasn't anything to turn it down.
I still want to go a full week though. More to prove to myself that I can than anything else. I think it would be when I was on my pre-surgery diet since I went a full seven days or more without sugar.

5 comments:

  1. I've missed something!! What happened?!!!!!

    You are going through a dreadful time!

    PS I'm hoping to follow your sugar free example - day one for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really alright, Lily is just a cello.

    Much loved musical instrument that has badly damaged yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the insurence will cover it all. My fingers are crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, I'm the same - I try to comment but often just don't have time :)

    Sucks about Lily, fingers crossed your insurance will come through.

    I'm super impressed with your Sugar challenge. I couldn't do it!!

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete