Places to go; Things to see

Friday, August 20, 2010

Started the Challenge

Do you think I can count the extra long walk I did today back to the station in town after drinks as exercise?

Instead of taking the direct route from the bar to Central station, I took a wrong turn and ended up doing a big 1/2 hour power walk around the city.

I only had two glasses of white wine, but boy did they go to my head. After this long walk I was even walking up the huge escalators at Central station (they go up about two floors instead of one), only at my fittest have I been able to walk up those escalators and not be completely out of breath. tonight I power walked up them and was only slightly breathing hard.

I don't know what happened, I thought alcohol was detrimental to your health. I think it must have been the alcohol numbing the brain and it's sensors.

I know that I will not be doing it again, I so rarely drink, but it made an interesting start to the Go-Chica-Go Challenge, that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. It would be great if there was a study showing that alcohol improves exercise performance. I'd definitely sign up to participate in that study - unlike you, I like drinking a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All movement counts as exercise in my book!

    ReplyDelete