Places to go; Things to see

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A day in the life of a bandster...

What can I say? Today I was dealing with a lot of head hunger and I did give in. I always seem to give in. I think today it had a lot to do with mt protein intake has been a little to low lately.
Today's meals:
8:00am Breakfast: Skinny Cappuccino 93/9
10:00am Snack: Zucchini slice 271/15
12:00noon Lunch: Crackers with salmon dip and avocado 310/6
2:00-3:00pm Snack: Pack of chips and a snack pack of mini cookies 372/5
5:00pm Snack: Ice cream block 181/1
7:00pm Dinner: Pork lion (about 80grams) and just over a tablespoon of peas and corn veges 202/32
Daily Total: Calories: 1429 / Grams of Protein: 68

Looking at this written down I have realised when I don't eat protein I feel hungry every two hours or so. Where; if I had had an egg dish instead of the zucchini slice at 10am I probably would not have eaten anything else until about 2pm.

Breakfast has just been a cappuccino as my last fill has made eating early in the morning a little difficult, even though I am still hungry in the morning. It just isn't worth that tight, almost stuck, feeling I get. I even have to go really slow on yogurt, so at the moment I just stick to the coffee.

Can I please ask why we do not do the small things that help with our journeys?

We all know we need to eat protein with every meal and yet there are still days (after 4 1/2 months) were I don't, and then wonder why I am eating crap like chips and mini cookies.

I am just glad I actually realised what I was doing today. I hope that I will be able to stop days like today happening again. the more aware I am of what I am eating, the better.

It doesn't help that I skipped out on going the gym yesterday either. I was tired and talked myself out of it.  I don't like that I did that, I didn't even get to bed any earlier, so I was still just as tired today. But I went to the gym today and did my cardio workout. Hopefully I will sleep well tonight because of it.

Speaking of which I guess I should get going. I need a shower and want to read some blogs before bed. Thanks for reading the ramblings of a bandster who is trying to work out what she is supposed to be doing:)

3 comments:

  1. You will get there. I really do try to count my protein grams each day. Most of the time, I do not snack. Sometimes I will have a sf pudding cup or a sf popsicle if I need a snack. I also drink tons of water. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need the off days some times. We can't be perfect all the time. It helps confuse the body (in a good way) and it definitely satisfies our mind (to an extent) and then we're motivated to get back on the horse the next day. The nice thing about the band is that there's only so much damage we can do. We might not progress as fast as we want, but we won't be sliding backwards too far. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I get enough protien in either. It's funny cause it's not that hard to grab something with protien in it but yet we still don't do it.

    ReplyDelete