Places to go; Things to see

Friday, September 17, 2010

I Heart My Band

I just took the train home with a friend after some Friday Night Drinks with work mates. I had four vodka and oranges and was a little tipsy to say the least.

At the train station we stopped off at McDonalds. I got a Mac Snack Wrap

And she got a McDouble Cheeseburger. It took me fifteen minutes to eat this little wrap and I was done. Satisfied. When she finished her burger, she said it had just wet her appetite and was really hungry for a full dinner.

If I think back to six months ago; I would have said the exact same thing. After a few drinks; a stop at McDonald's would have been a huge meal that included a Big Mac, 6 nuggets, a large fries and drink, plus an apple pie for dessert.

Don't even think about the money I just saved with this meal.

Think about the amount of food:
One small wrap compared to a huge feast of fat, sugar and more fat.

I had never really thought about it like this before. I knew the band had drastically cut my portions, but in real terms of the level of crap I can actually eat, it is so hard to imagine and comprehend the difference between now and then. I actually never thought it would stop me binging when I was tipsy. But tonight I ate slowly and enjoyed my wrap and it was enough.

And that; my friends, is just one of the reasons why I love my band.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I have been wanting to try one of those wraps, maybe I will now.

    ReplyDelete