Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, September 5, 2010

No Gym for the Week-end:(

The week-end is almost at an end and I feel exhausted. This has been my weekend to work and I have not enjoyed it at all. What makes it worse is that my hours have been 8 – 3:30pm and as the gym is only opened 8 – 4pm on the week-ends – I could not even make it there. This has pointed out jut how limiting my week-end working roster is. Even if I was to work the morning shift and I would finish at 2:30pm I would still not have enough time to get to the gym as I do not get home until 3:30 at the earliest.

Good news is this didn’t fully stop me today. I got to work earlier than expected, so instead of just sitting at my desk, I went for a walk around town. That added 30 minutes of exercise to my week-end and a workout to the Go-Chica-Go challenge:) have to be happy with that.

In other news I ventured near the scale his morning and was not impressed. My official weight day will not be until next week as I have decided to only record my weight every two weeks – hoping to avoid the fluctuations of the scale.

That being said I still check every now and then. This morning it was up a kilo from last week. I don’t know if this is because I have started a more vigorous exercise program (you know – actually sweating when I work out) or if because I have so much restriction I am not eating enough at the moment and my body just needs to re-adjust. I can not believe that I am eating too much. Not when I look at what I am eating. Friday night I only had one tenderloin from Nando’s with maybe a cup of salad and that was it.

I know one thing I am really going to have to stop is the slider treats I have been having lately. I know, even as I type this; it is history repeating itself. It wasn’t too long ago that I went sugar free for a week to combat the treat binges I was sliding into. And I have been much better, but as I have been a little tight with this wonderful restriction I am currently experiencing I have been having an ice cream block here and there. Okay I will be honest and say that I have had one every day this week, but in my defence…okay I have no defence. It’s a treat I can eat when I am not even hungry. It is all about the decedent taste sensation and knowing I am not going to have any problems with it going down.

So far my journey has not really required a lot of work on my part. I know that is a terrible thing to say, but it is true. Just cutting back on portion sizes and not eating total crap has got me a third of the way to my goal.

I think it has finally begun to sink in that from here on in I am going to have to work on my journey to continue to loss the weight. That is really quite scary. Because now it really is up to me.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, you found an alternative for when you can't make it to the gym. I'm with you on the last part, I don't think I;m having to work hard for my loss just been eatting better and less but like you I'm going to have to start working hard for my loss but hey we can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have declared no eating zones, areas included are my desk, sofa & car...it has been helping me with grazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. nominated you for a blog award :D

    http://lappy4life.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been very impressed with my scale either. Hopefully things get better for the both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete