Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekly Goals - New Beginnings

First off, I want to say a big thank-you for all your great comments on my last post. It really makes me glad I finally got up the courage to post some actual pictures of me :)

Alright, time to set some weekly goals. I know I am doing well and all but the scale is deciding to be a bi-art-ch so it is time for some serious goals to keep me on track.

The weekly weigh in was this morning.
The scale showed 121.4kg  (267.7lb)
Down 100 grams.
Again.
For the second week in a row.
Only down 100 grams.

Yes I am a little upset that the scale is not rewarding me with all my hard work I have been putting in. I know it is nothing to worry about as I have been doing a far amount of exercise lately. But it is a little off putting. The only good thing I can say about it, is that it is a loss, no matter how small it is!!

I have been thinking about it and have a few realisations: I really need to up my protein, I know that, and thankfully there have been a few posts lately on different protein powders that people are using, so thanks everyone for that :0) I am going to try a few different types of protein powder, to see if I can find one I like.

The only other thing I really need to work on is less snacking. But that is always the case, so it is nothing new.

So to help me stay on track I will be trying out a few weekly goals.
Nothing drastic or over the top, just a few simple guidelines that I want to be able to follow through on. Something were I am not required to post about daily like the food log I was trying. As much as I may wish I was, I am not an every day blogger and I just bore myself when I try to be. Weekly goals will just be something I can add to the end of a post once a week. Here's hoping this will be more doable :0)

Food goals, to begin with; I am going to aim for a weekly calorie goal, so that at the end of the week I am consuming less than 8400 calories (that is 1200 a day), but I am going to mix it up so that I am not on the same every day. I have noticed that a few people do this and they are seeming to have success, so I am giving it a go. Once I get the hang of it, or when this gets to be too many, I will then be able to start reducing the weekly allowance.

Fitness goals are easier (until I have to actually do them, I'm sure). I want to log 5 workouts that are at least 40 minutes long with at least two of them containing a strength workout. I think this one is very doable, as I am already doing this know. But whether or not I can keep it up once I have posted it is another thing :0)

Goals for my music is also very similar. I want to log 5 practice sessions a week that are at least 30 minutes long. This is probably going to be the hardest one yet as I seem to have a lot of problems doing both cello practice and exercise on the same day.

So there they are. Please feel free to let me know if you think any of these are unreasonable, or not tough enough :0) They are adjustable and this is just a starting point.

1 comment:

  1. I too have been having slow weight loss, but have not been working out, so I know what I need to do. Your goals sound good to me. Not sure if I could work out 5 times a week for 40 minutes - I probably would aim for 4 and then add more exercise into my normal day (ie taking stairs, parking further away from door, etc, but it sounds like you've been exercising already so you obviously know yourself better. How is your water intake?

    ReplyDelete