Places to go; Things to see

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Can someone please kick me!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with me!?!?!

The challenge starts tomorrow and I am scared to get on the scales tomorrow morning!!!

I have eaten chocolate every day this week. At first it was Halloween, I didn't eat a lot on the day and have not had a lot on any individual day, but HELLO, every day.

That along with not a lot of exercise (and the stuff I have one has only been light walking because of my calf) means the scale is going to KILL ME tomorrow morning.

I can blame it on injury, I can blame it on TOM, I can blame it on the fact that it was in the house after Halloween, I can blame it on Melbourne Cup Day.

None of these excuses makes up for the fact that I have made crap food chioces this week.

The scale read 120.1kg last Sunday and I think I'll be lucky to get away with a 1kg gain this week. I hat e that I did this, but I just didn't stop. I didn't even think about stopping.

What makes it worse is that I even wrote about how good I felt on Tuesday for only eating mall amounts and feeling satisfied with it. Obviously I wasn't paying attention to the fact that I was also eating chocolate.

All I can hope is that I am over exaggerating and tomorrow morning will not be too bad. I really did not want to start the challenge on a bad note.

But let me tell you here and now. That from the moment I start the challenge, I'm doing a veto on all things chocolate.

I know it isn't the best thing to do, ban a food entirely, but it is only for seven weeks, and I am not silly enough to ban all bad foods. I am just banning chocolate. I can't do this to myself any more.

Ban the Chocolate!!!!
Treats are one thing, but daily chocolate intake is not supposed to be part of the band plan, and I need to get with the program.
All encouragement would be gratefully appreciated.

I CAN DO THIS
I WILL DO THIS
(repeat until insane)

Best of luck to us all :)

7 comments:

  1. Chocolates are my downfall too!!!!!

    I was in exactly the same place as you for SEVERAL weeks.

    What turned the corner for me was actually stepping on the scale.

    Luckily the damage wasn't tooooooo bad.

    I think for me I need the accountability of the scale - by not stepping on it I get to live in the land of denial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam. I have just caught up with your blog. Sounds like you have had a big week with Melb Cup and everything else. Lots of excuses to eat chocolate. I've had a shocker this week too. Hopefully the challenge will help motivate you to get back on track. Good luck! V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam - Forgive yourself - chocolate is a "red light" food for me too and sometimes it is best just to give it up for a time until we feel strong enough to deal with it again. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it hunny! If there is any left in the house, get rid of it! I made my husband hide my daughters candy from me, she is only aloud two pieces a day, and now she has to go to him to get it. I don't even like candy (well, I like it, but I don't crave it like some) but if it's around I will eat it.....anyway, you are strong and you will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. I can't give up the chocolate either. I'm trying to do one day at a time, hopefully they will start to string together and I'll make it to a week. GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I normally buy candy for trick or treaters, but living in an apartment usually means I don't get trick or treaters and eat all of the candy myself. This year? I opted not to buy candy (of course, 2 kids came by and I felt horrible!)...but I'm glad I didn't have it available so that I couldn't eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel ya. Halloween has totally SCREWED ME UP. I don't know why, but it's like the little fun-sized demons have taken hold of my brain and won't let go!!! I've gotta kick the bad habits again! It was so easy to not listen to them and then you let them in one time and they won't go away.

    ReplyDelete