Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Farewell to 2010

As 2010 comes to an end, I think back over the year and wonder at all the changes I have made in in life this year.

This time last year I was wishing it would be nice if I could get a Lapband, but didn't think it would be possible so resolved to not make any New Year Resolutions, because all I ever wished for was to drop the unwanted kilos and to keep them off. I had no idea that three months later I would be banded and on the way to a new me :o)

This last year has brought many changes to my life. I have lost more than thirty kilos that I never intend to find again. I am exercising regularly. I am eating a heck of a lot healthier then ever before. I can even enjoy a treat and not go over board. I have even been able to enjoy dinner parties with friends and not because of the great food, but because of the great company.

There are a lot of bloggers out there that have posted about a word of the year. I have been thinking about it a lot and I am trying to think of one for myself; I think I am going to go with:

Believe:
In myself, in reaching for the stars,
in love and in change!

How's that one. It is probably the biggest thing that is missing from my journey. Belief in myself, that I can do this. That I can succeed.

So here is to 'Believe', a New Year of lots of fun new adventures.

I believe I will get to the elusive double digits.
I believe I will complete the c25k program.
I believe I will continue to eat healthy and exercise regularly.
I believe I will have a fantastic time in France.

I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve, and don't party too hard ladies and gentlemen!!

5 comments:

  1. I believe you can do it too! Way to go Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word choice, Sam! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good word !

    Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! And you can so do the double digits! I know this is the year I will see them again too. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you will too! Happy 2011 to you too.

    ReplyDelete