Places to go; Things to see

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Hope everyone has had a great day.

Well I can tell you that the pouch test did work. I felt better from day three, but kept it up for the whole five days. And I have reclaimed control over what I am eating and the habits of my band.

Yesterday we had a Christmas party at work, there were lots of crackers, chips and dips for morning tea (I had none of it - I was still full from my protein shake at breakfast). Then for lunch, there were BBQ Chickens, garden salads, pasta salads, potato salads, sushi, bread rolls & garlic bread and plenty of prawns. I had two prawns, one little piece of sushi, a spoonful of the potato salad and a small bit of chicken.

That was all. I was full.

Then later on there was also desserts: pavlova, cheese cake and mud cake. I had half a slice of the cheese cake just because I could and just because it was yummy :o)

All in all I had a great day and was so happy that I didn't over eat and didn't have any discomfort with the band.

There was a lot of festivities through out the office as well. We all dressed up in our Christmas cheer. There were lucky door prizes (I won a $20.00 gift voucher), Secret Santa gifts, (beautiful candle holder and a hair clip for me). There was no alcohol - because our work has a zero tolerance, but we still had a great time.

And that was in spite of the fact that there is still more flooding in Queensland, so we had to tell more than one person their Christmas was going to be disrupted as the trains could get through to everywhere. Gotta love Aussie Summers, I saw on the news the other day; the east coast is being flooded, while the west coast is being burnt with bush fires and there was snow in the Victoria and the Snowy Mountains for a few days.

We had Christmas lunch over at a friends place today, cherries and cashews for nibblers, turkey, ham with roast potatoes, onions, stuffing and a garden salad. I only had a tiny bit of everything. I was very satisfied and it was all delicious. We then had some very yummy pavlova for dessert. An Aussie Christmas is just not the same with out pavlova!!

Something I have noticed in the last two days, is that I have been eating until I am satisfied, not until I was full. And there in lies where my original problem came from. I was eating until I was full, and so by the time all the food got to my stomach I had eaten too much. Simple rule that I had not realised I was breaking.

It will be interesting to see if I still need that fill on the 20th of January. Thankfully it is still a couple of weeks away, so I can pay close attention to my eating habits to ensure I make an informed decision on it.

Okay, enough ramblings from me :o) I want to thank everyone for their comments on my last few posts.

Have a great Christmas Everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sam, great to hear you had a lovely day.
    thanks for the update on the pouch test. I will be starting mine on the 3rd jan. You have inspired me :)
    Made pav to have yesterday but we were all so full from turkey and pud that i have decided to keep it for my boys birthday tomorrow :)
    Take care.
    xx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right. That's it.....

    I'm inspired.

    I'm heading over to your link regarding the pouch test and I'm starting tomorrow.

    I type this with my THIRD bowl of chocolate ice-cream sitting next to me..........

    ReplyDelete