Places to go; Things to see

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Opposites

Well I have discovered that my band reads my blog and likes to contradict me in everything I say!!

Just a few days ago I was eating whatever I wanted and didn't have a problem with anything, yesterday and today that I have had major problems.

I eat just a little bit and it hurts, I can't eat more than a few mouthfuls and I get stuck and have a slime attack. I fear that I may have slightly stretched my pouch.

Then eating lunch yesterday, it was a little dry and I ended up getting stuck and throwing up a bit, I think that has irritated my stoma a little as well.

So with all this self diagnoses I have decided to do the  day pouch test. Starting tomorrow. That way it will be finished before Xmas Eve as there is lunch at work on the day.

I know it is probably not the best time to do this, but I need to, I have been sore in my stomach, throat and neck for the last 24 hours, everything hurts going down.

My coffee hurt this morning. That has never happened before.

Tell me please if anyone has experienced this before? It really is weird, could it be a side affect from a big night on alcohol? I just realised that on Thursday night I had dinner a a friends and we drank a few glasses of wine and quite a few shots of ouzo. I hadn't thought that could be a factor as I didn't even feel hungover on Friday.

I don't want to panic, I hate panicking, so I am going to be proactive and do the pouch test. Lets hope I can do the whole thing without cheating. I am off to google some more recipes and ideas.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend :o)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're sore! I hope all turns out well with the pouch test. (I'm not really sure what it is, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sucks. I have no idea, sweetie. Please let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the pouch test? I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a gastric lap band was not an easy thing. If you still feel pain in your stomach. I suggest you reduce your food intake. As much as possible take soft foods like oats and the likes but not too much. if it still occurs, call your lap band doctor in no time.

    ReplyDelete