Places to go; Things to see

Monday, December 27, 2010

A Wet Week Off

Christmas is done and the Sale Season is upon us. I did go the stores on the usual Boxing Day madness, not to go hunting, but just to check out the madness. I do love people watching.

Having said that I did pick up some nice Christmas decorations :o)
Candle Goblets from "Dusk"
You can't see it very well in the photo, but they have snowflake designs cut out on the side and when the candles are burning, they throw up little shadows. The cups inside are purple, so they go with the rest of our Christmas decorations.

As the title of this post says, I have this week off. And can I say, what a 'lovely' week it looks to be. There is so much rain around, I have given up being able to get some sun on my legs and am just hoping to actually see the sun for a bit :o)

I am hoping the rain will hold back a little so that I can get down to Seaworld. I have been wanting to get there for a while since we were stormed out the last time I went.

But I am not complaining... okay, not too much, I do have a week off work and that is nothing to be complaining about. I am using the time to get back into my gym routine. I did a Pump Class and then 25 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Felt so good. the last week or two I have really slacked off, due to work and being tired, so this week will be a good start to get me back in the habit.

Now for another random train of thought. I took this picture on the way to work on Friday and I actually like it, so here it is :o)
Train to work on Friday 24 Dec 2010

I am trying to get into the habit of wearing make-up to work. I have found that I like the dramatic and heavily lined eyes and reddish lips, but I haven't been able to work up to blush yet, and I only do eye shadow every other day. I found this great website 'Makeup Geek' that has a host of tutorials. As I have never worn anything other than lipstick before now. But since I am working towards a thinner me, I figured I may as well try to improve the rest of me as well.

Alright, I have rambled on enough for today, I hope everyone enjoys the last week of 2010. It has been a year of change for many of us!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the goblets and I simply adore your picture! Great job with the makeup too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the makeup!!! it's a fun way to experiment and "change" up your look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Quick question - what is pavlova?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ladies, thanks for the comments :o)

    Manda: a pav is a meringue-based dessert topped with cream and fruit. It is sweet and yummy, I only ever eat it at Christmas, but it is very popular in Australia and New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must wear makeup. When I was feeling the worst, I would go without makeup. For the last year since surgery, I always put it on-just need 5 minutes. I even got some good stuff to make me look younger (well I think so). It'll really make you feel good. Love the pics. And I know what Pavlova is-a good friend from Oz made it for a party we had.

    ReplyDelete