Places to go; Things to see

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Missy

I do go on a bit ahead......just warning :o)

I played my cello this evening :o)
Missy :o)
I have been calling this baby "Missy" for a while, don't know why; it's just what comes out when I think of her and when I am playing her. So after 5 months I guess I have actually named her. When I got her in August to replace my broken "Lily" I really didn't know if I would end up naming this cello.

But back to tonight. I actually haven't played the cello in about 2 months!!! I took a break last November because I was feeling a little worn out and wanted to focus on the gym a little bit more.

The last few weeks I have been noticing that I have missed playing, but I was always talking myself out of it. I tend to do that, don't we all? But tonight I just took her out of the case and didn't give myself time to talk myself out of it. And I had a great time; and my fingers are very sore. They are so not used to working the strings :o) It will take some time for them to toughen up again!

My big question now is; WHY?!?

Why do I talk myself out of so many things? I love playing the cello, and yes I did need a break, but I have been wanting to play again for a while.

I do this for a lot of things. If I am feeling the tiniest bit tired, I so easily talk myself out of going to the gym. I talk myself out of the healthy foods.

Another example of this is the salads I have recently re-discovered. I love salads and yet I had talked myself out of them for a few months.

Why is that we can talk ourselves out of anything that is good for us?

I guess if I had the answer and solution to that; I wouldn't be as fat as I am and would not have needed to have a lapband installed :o)

On that note, my appointment with my surgeon is on Thursday and I can not wait. I really think I need a fill and am so looking forward to getting some more restriction. I just feel as though I can eat almost anything and I find I can also eat a lot quicker that before. Some of it is stuff that I have to work on just myself and some of it a fill will help with.
Alright, I have to get up early in the morning for work, so I think I will say goodnight and I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!

(I'll probably read this post tomorrow and wonder where I was going...it started as a post just to let you know that I have finally gotten back to playing the cello)

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you have a skill like that. It's one of those things you can do instead of mindless eating. Every time you want a snack and you know you're not hungry, play the cello! I don't have anything like that but I am learning to sew so maybe that can be my food replacement one day soon!
    Congrats and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all talk ourselves out of all kinds of things. It's not just good things either. I know I talk myself out of a glass of wine now and then too. I'm glad you're back to playing the cello. If we can conquer one thing we've talked ourselves out of, we can definitely do more. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post. It is so true that when we try to make something a habit it takes a lot of work and maybe a few caluses. Keep on playing with Missy!

    ReplyDelete