Places to go; Things to see

Monday, February 7, 2011

Not Hungry - Thirsty

Firstly, can I just say that I can not believe I have ever had trouble drinking my daily water. As soon as I am consciously aware that I am required to drink 2 litres (64 ounces) a day, I have no problems with it.

It is only when I am not thinking about it that I can't do it.

Since the Sip & Gulp Challenge has started I have not had a single problem, yet on Tuesday 01 February, just before I knew about the challenge, I was barely drinking 1 litre (32 ounces)

When I stop and think about it I realise something very important:

When I am not thinking about the correct water intake – I am automatically assuming that I am hungry when in actual fact I am thirsty.

How did I loose sight of one of the biggest tools in losing weight?!?

I really want to give my self a slap across the head sometimes. It is not the first time I have “forgotten” simple rules that have detoured my journey. It really is like self sabotage and I have to wonder if that is the whole point. My brain will “forget” to drink water and so there fore I am hungry and must eat chocolate. Where is the logic with that?


NOT HUNGRY - THIRSTY
DRINK MORE WATER
DRINK MORE WATER
DRINK MORE WATER

This is a mantra that I learnt when I was trying the self hypnosis weight loss approach. And it did work, after a few days I was drinking a lot more than the daily recommended amount of 64 ounces. I guess I stopped using it because the rest of it wasn’t working for me, it didn’t matter that it worked for a lot of other people and that I wasn’t 110% committed to the program. I wasn’t losing weight, so the whole program was no good for me.

I need to repeat this mantra until I am insane.

NOT HUNGRY - THIRSTY
DRINK MORE WATER
DRINK MORE WATER
DRINK MORE WATER

Maybe then I will not forget that I need to drink 8 glasses of water each and every day, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Sam, this is a very good and correct and valid point...Water intake is such a simple and easy tool and it makes your skin more lush and beautiful too. All these benefits but its so easy to take for granted. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really print that out and put it on the fridge. You should also make yourself drink a glass of water when ever your craving the chocolate, and if you still want it after, then you can have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to adopt that mantra as well. I find I'm better about getting my water in at work but at home...terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your new layout complete with picture! You look great!
    I'm terrible for drinking water, reading this has made me go and get a glass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be so religious about drinking my water. I don't know how I got away from it but I am finding it really hard to get back on track with it.

    Maybe bc of you I will drink some today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right...I was hungry a couple of times today and I took your advice and had a drink of H20 and it tided me over. Your mantra kept playing in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job getting back on track, I try to remember that every day. It's hard!

    ReplyDelete