Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Week-end

So it is Sunday afternoon and I am so not ready for the working week to begin :o)

Saturday night was another dinner party at J's place for her Margaret Fulton Challenge.
Prosciutto Melon
This was the entree, prosciutto wrapped melon, sounds funky, but it was actually very yummy :o) We then had a crown rack of lamb with a mushroom stuffing with an eggplant salad and then for dessert a passion fruit flummery. It was all delicious and as it was eaten over a couple of hours, I had no problem with any of it.

Sunday morning arrived and I hoped on the scale and .....

264.4lbs

Yep, back up from last weeks weigh in of 262.6lbs

Yes I have been sick again and that also stuffs me up. I have been wondering if a lot of it has to water retention when I am sick. I tend to get a little dehydrated, so I don't know if that has anything to do it.

Why do I not do well in these challenges? And here I do mean both the Suddenly Spring & my own 50lbs in 111 days. I should be well on track for the 50lbs challenge and instead I keep sabotaging myself.

I seem to go into self destruction mode when ever I want to get on target and focused on losing weight. I am trying to not do this to myself, but I am having some trouble with this. One day at a time is all I can do. And trying to care of my health. I am so over the flu!!!

I think I should be healthy enough to actually get back to the gym this week. As long as I am careful in the classes that involve me moving in more than one direction; I should be fine :o) And if I can stay on track to limit the amount of crap I eat - have been doing okay lately - I should be able to lose weight this week.

Okay, I am done for now. I hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

  1. I still say that meal looks nasty...lol. But the chef in me knows that the sweetness of the melon and the saltiness of the prosciutto would actually work!

    Don't beat yourself up on your lack of loss, girl...gotta remember that old mantra of "It didn't come on overnight, it won't come off overnight." If you think about it, there were times in our weight GAIN journey where we actually went up and down...same happens here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going through this whole self sabotage thing too lately. Maybe it's just the Ides of March rearing its ugly head or something.

    ReplyDelete