Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wow :o)

257.5 pounds
A week ago I was at 121.5kg or 267.9lb. This is the way it was supposed to go all along with the band. Losing every week and continually getting smaller. It feels so good to actually be in control of my eating, exercise and weight loss.

Yes I want to boast and scream for the roof top that I am losing weight again. I want to tell everyone and I want to jump for joy.

I have achieved this great result due to successful meal planing and calorie counting, a planned exercise routine, that I stuck to. It is amazing how easy this band really does work when we have everything in order. In the past it has only ever been one or maybe two of these things that I have been doing. No wonder the weight loss has been stumbling along lately ;p

Now I just need to have another eleven weeks like the last one and I will be well on my way to goal. I know it will be tough and I certainly am not going to expect this big a loss every week. But I think this is the what I need.

The only thing that could possibly get in the way is the time it takes to be this healthy. Between the exercise, the cooking and the planning, it is like a second job!! I do not know how any woman who has had kids can stay on top of everything. I salute you all :o)

I can just hope that as I get used to it, it will get a bit easier.

Can I also just add; that I love broccoli soup!! I hate broccoli, but I made a promise to myself that I would try everything in the meal program at least once. Well, this has been the biggest surprise for me. It has some Parmesan cheese added just before serving, and that is what makes it. I love it. It could easily become a regular. It is a soup, so is not the best band wise, but it is very yummy and it has been satisfying, maybe not for three to four hours, but it did keep me full for a few hours.

Here's the recipe:

Easy broccoli soup - 241cals

  • Serves 4
  • 10 min
  • 25 min
  • 241 Cal
Ingredients
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1kg (2 lb) broccoli, broken into florets, stems thinly sliced
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 5 cups (2 pints) chicken stock
  • 30g (1 oz) shredded Parmesan
  • 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted

Method

Heat the oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and broccoli stems and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
Stir in the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add the broccoli florets and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and set aside to cool slightly. Blend in 2 batches until smooth.
Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Serve with the toast.
 
Mish Tips:
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Alternatively, freeze in portions for up to 6 months.

Yummy!!

So here is to another great week with the 12WBT program and me sticking to this great new part of my banded journey.

12 comments:

  1. That's an amazing weightloss in a week! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sam! Congrats on the weight loss! What is "12WBT"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! What an awesome result for you! The cauliflower soup is even yummier - i added some cumin and tumeric! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sam!! Congratulations on a great week. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a week!!! So glad this program is working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soooo happy for you! Way to go! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, I'm gonna have to try that recipe! Sounds super good.

    You should shout from the rooftops that you're losing weight again! I always do anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic weight loss - way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's brilliant! Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome result!!

    Just checked your profile, didnt realise you were in Oz. Whereabouts in QLD are you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your progress...awesome!

    ReplyDelete