Places to go; Things to see

Friday, June 3, 2011

TGIF already !!!

Can you believe it's Friday night already?!? The week has flown, and it is shocking to see the difference it has had on my 12WBT.

For some reason I have found it difficult to stay as on track as I was last week.

I think it has something to do with the fact that I had such a great week and such a great weight loss that I was expecting to not do so great this week. So of course I fulfilled my own prophesy. I hate it when I do that to myself.

But having seen how this week has gone, it has inspired me to do even better next week.

One of the problems I found this week was all the cooking, I guess I was excited in the first week; that I didn't mind all the cooking, but by week two, I was starting to get over it, and can you blame me, before this I was lucky to cook once or twice a week, left overs were more of a staple then the original meal. One of the pluses of being banded. A regular meal for four, does me and my mum for about three to four meals.

Where as now I am only cooking small meals, so they only last the one meal. That is a lot more cooking than I have done in a long time. That is not to say I am not enjoying it, but it gets tiring and does take up a lot of time. Plus if you are extra tired and don't do the washing up after you finish and leave it for the next day. It just adds to the time it takes the next day - I only did that once, once was enough :p

On top of the cooking, there are the workouts. It is not until you are committed to exercising 6 days a week that you realise exactly how little you have been previously doing :o) I am constantly sore - muscle sore, not injury sore. I am taking it fairly easy, working out hard when I am working out, and trying to get in extra stretches through out the day. It does help, I just hate stairs at the moment :o)

So is there a point to all this rambling? Yep, I think I am trying to hide the fact that I will not have a weight loss of last weeks fantastic proportions. I was expecting that and due to that I have slacked off this week. I didn't prepare my lunched everyday and so there were two days were I had to buy lunch at work, not easy when you are sticking to such a healthy plan. I stuck to sushi so that I stayed within the calorie allowance. Then on Wednesday after work I didn't go the the gym. I felt so guilty about that I did a quick session on Thursday morning before work and then did my planned session after work. That actually wasn't too bad, I did just do twenty minutes on the treadmill in the morning, but it was a good twenty minutes.

My biggest problem is that I jumped on the scales this morning and I have gained about 300 grams since Sunday. Not a lot, and it will probably be gone by Sunday, but its these small things that I let get to me and I get a little down on myself.

I am over myself now :o) Sorry for the pity party.

i best get back to work. I need to get organised for next week - I am not letting this week be repeated, so I need to put the work in.

Have a great week end everyone, and I hope to be able to get a minute to play catch up. All this exercise doesn't leave a lot of blog time and that is the saddest thing of all.

5 comments:

  1. Oh the self-sabotage-- I do it too! I'm sure you're right though, by Sunday, you'll be back down and this week is probably about your body adjusting anyway, so that next week you'll see a loss again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this week. I know you can do this! Also all the extra exercise inevitably means extra muscle. Don't let the slight gain get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, meal planning is my Achilles Heel! I am so bad at it. Once in a while I make a big pot of something and freeze enough for a meal the following week, but I don't do that often enough. Good for you, and you will get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog design. Isn't Jen talented. I find cooking tedious but make my little 1 cup frozen dinners every once in a while. Sometimes I wish we could just take a pill to each. It's thinking about what to eat that gets me. But then I always think of stuff that I can't eat anyway. Like a nice baguette of bread dipped in oil. Not gonna go down, but I can dream. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 300 gm is a blip, I know it! :) You're doing so great, I'm sure this week's weight loss will be good. Also, if you're sticking to the same sort of meals, maybe prepare two batches of whatever you make and then freeze one portion. Just a suggestion, that works for me (when I actually do it!).

    ReplyDelete