Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, July 31, 2011

AWOL

Yep, that's what I've been.

Not a lot to report actually. It is the end of July; I have two months till I fly off to Paris and I am holding stead on 115kg. I have a feeling I have stretched my pouch a little as I have noticed in the last few weeks that I am eating more and more. I am even eating in the mornings and that is something I have rarely ever done since I have had my last few fills.

We all now what that means :o)

Yep... the 5 day pouch test. It will hopefully get my pouch back in proper working order. I am also going to call my surgeon and make an appointment. I will need to see him before I go overseas. I am thinking of having the band loosened a little before I go so that I don't have any problems overseas.

I know it could possibable lead to weight gain, but I am going to be very active while away, so I am going with the plan of being active enough to counter act the extra food intake. Plus I want to enjoy my holiday and know I will be fine... Can you tell I am trying to talk myself into it :o)

In another bid in favour of an un-fill is that if I am being totally honest with myself, I think I am just a little over filled.

But only if I am if I am being totally honest.

Any other time and I think I am just right. I can eat about 1/2 a cup of food, and it keeps me full for ages. As long as it is solid protein. And even this much will make me really full for a while after I have eaten. I guess I have been pushing it too much lately. Winter months and hot food, just makes me think of the old days when I would just eat and eat and eat. I know the fewer calorie intake is one of the reasons why we feel the cold a lot more now, but I hadn't thought about the vast quantity of food I used to eat in a while.

I have been thinking about old trends because I have been subconsciously falling back into those habits.

Instead of the big bag of corn chips with dips, I now eat a bag of twistes zig zags, light and airy, taking up no room at all in a limited space that is my pouch :(

No more of that, and no more of the self pity.... I promise :o)

Personal Challenge for tomorrow... Liquids, liquids and more liquids. Day one it all good to go.....

5 comments:

  1. I know all too well about old habits. They sneak in so quickly don't they!
    Good luck with the pouch test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably do the 5 day pouch test with the way I've been eating lately too. Something to consider...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I never thought about it that way. It does make sense that we're all alot colder now b/c we're not eating as much, though!

    Good luck with the pouch test, and have fun on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip! and good luck with the pouch test

    ReplyDelete