Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Harping on at the cold

Yep!!! I survived the weigh in. I saw a loss :o)

Down to 115.3kg (255.3lb)

Amazingly, that was a loss of 1.2kg, I have no idea how that happened, but I am not questioning it. So far this week I have been pretty good on the food mark. I made a delicious and healthy chick pea and ham soup on Sunday and have had that for lunch at work. Very yummy!!!

Great on these wintery days here in Brisbane. I am still feeling the cold very much, more so then most people around me. On the days I wear my uniform to work I usually have a scarf on all day and at times use a ravel blanket over my knees - looks great and very fashionable....not! On Fridays when we can wear free dress, I usually have my long johns on under a pair of jeans and a thermal shirt so that I am warm. Sounds silly, but it looks okay and it is the one day of the week that I get to be warm all day :o)

Happy warm thoughts is that I need to concentrate on... but I am still planning my trip of a lifetime. And that means England and France in October, so that is Autumn. the temps range from lows of 7 or 8 degrees Celsius (46 to 48 Fahrenheit) to highs of 18 to 20 Celsius (64 to 68 Fahrenheit)

Those are not happy warm thoughts. Those are the thoughts that I have been dealing with lately, although our highs have been a little higher lately.

So the happy warm thoughts are more like excited and happy chilly thoughts, so that is nearly the same :o)

Speaking of which I am starting the planning process. I am borrowing the great travel planning skills of a friend at work. B has done a fair bit of travelling herself, and loves organising more. She is going to help a huge amount and I know I will owe her big time. I will definitely be bringing her home a special souvenir home :o)

I do know this, I am going to Disneyland in Paris!!!!! I can't wait, I have always wanted to go to the Disney park lands ever since I knew what they were; and since it doesn't look like they are going to build one in Australia any time soon, I have to go over seas to go to one.... any excuse ;o)

So it looks like we will be arriving into Paris and then go straight over to London, do England first and then France before ending in Paris before flying back out. Four very hectic, very fun packed weeks of discovery and adventure.

Okay, I am off again :o) More planning, healthy eating, and hopefully a gym visit or two to put in place :o)

5 comments:

  1. Well done on your weightloss. You can just never tell how the weather will be here in October, I doubt it would be seriously cold but that depends on your definition of seriously cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm Sam! I hate to say that I've been feeling cold lately too. It's summer here in the northern hemisphere though so it's not as easy for me to wear warm clothes cause I'll die of heat stroke outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss! So so jealous of this trip you're taking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay...a loss!! I am jealous too of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disney Paris has got to be amazing! I'd love to go. We're going to the one in Florida in the fall with the kiddos.
    Great job on the weight loss. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete