Places to go; Things to see

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lost again

So I know that I have been gone for a while and for that I have no excuses.

I just have not been able to work up the energy to post lately.

I know the reason behind it…. Not loosing weight!!!!!!

What do I have to do? 

Well, I know I could start eating healthy food again, and start exercising more than once a week. But that would the sensible plan of attack to get the show back on the road. Me, I just keep thinking that I need to do something about it to get myself back on track and THEN NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH. 

Here are the good things I am doing:

I am swimming every Sunday morning. That is fun; it’s even in with a squad, so it’s planned training sessions with a coach and everything. I am in the beginners lane and it is a push for me to get through the session, but I am enjoying it and don’t plan on stopping any time soon. I joined with a few friends from work, so we are currently keeping each other motivated. I am even enjoying the early Sunday mornings – training begins at 7:30 and will soon be starting at 7am as our winter is all but over.

I have also started after work walks with another co-worker. She is on her own ‘get healthy’ plan and so we are trying to help each other out. The plan is to walk every other night after work for 1 hour, and it will be walks around and along the Brisbane River; so they should be good. I will endeavour to keep you posted on how that goes. So far they have been lovely and very energetic.

These are the small steps that are doing me good. I just have a problem with putting all the small steps together so that they gather momentum into bigger steps that get me to my goal.

I know I have said it before, that I need to be focused and get on track, so I am going to stop saying it. I get a little tired of letting myself down and when I do, I usually go back a few steps while in a pit of depression. I am going to try and just get back to focusing on one day at a time.

In other news on me; there is only about 5 weeks until I fly off to Paris and I have to admit I am getting a little nervous. The planning and organising is no where near done. I keep thinking I may need to simplify the trip a bit and not have so many stops. I don’t want to be changing hotels every day, and where possible I really want to stay in B & B’s, so they need at least 3 nights to be booked as a lot don’t do shorter stays. Which actually suits our plans, but then I get to wondering if the places that we want to stay; are they going to be easy to get everywhere else?

Basically, my mind doesn’t stop changing about the plans and so nothing is ready to be finalised. What I need to do is just book and pay for it as I think of it and then I can’t change my mind :o)

So there you have it, not a lot has changed.  I am so boring :o) I need more hours in the day to get everything done that I want to, but there aren't, so I need to get more organised. Famous last words!!

4 comments:

  1. You'll get back on track!! Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging Sam...I find that helps the most in keeping me motivated! I've been to Paris 1 time and loved it. When it comes to travel though, my husband hates to pack/unpack/pack so we always keep it simple. Just a few sleep changes. His favorite way to travel Europe is a cruise but its not my fav so we have a little back and forth with that one. We are heading to Italy again next year and I have to start planning that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're never too far off track to get back on. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Jacquie's advice. I have been on and off the wagon for a couple months here but the continued blogging helps. It's boring reading for others to keep hearing me post the same thing over and over but it does start to sink in. I promise. You're going to have a fantastic time on your trip. Try not to stress!

    ReplyDelete