Places to go; Things to see

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Lost Traveller

Hello everyone!!!!!

I am nearly on my way home. I have not had a lot of computer access on my trip, so it is a good thing that I have a few extra weeks off when I do get back, so I will be able to catch up on all my blog reading :o)

I have missed you all.

The next time I travel; I am taking my laptop, no matter what anyone says to my. I was convinced that I wouldn't need it as all the places I was staying would have access for me. Well they don't, every where now has free Wi-Fi access, no one has computers for there visitors to use any more, the few times that they did, they charged way too much to use them. I have seen a few internet cafes as well, but most looked so seedy I was scared to go in.

So I am going to be going a few posts on my holiday when I get back home. With a small paragraph on each day with one photo for the day. I am thinking only a week per post, other wise it will either be soo long, I won't even read it, let alone anyone else; or I will leave too much out. As for the photos, I have 20GB of photo memory cards, I need to limit it to just one per day, other wise it will be 500 photos. I was very click happy :o)

Band news is as follows:
I have not had a lot of trouble with it at all. Except for some dry airplane food were I basically took two bits and knew I was full so ate no more for another two hours. I have chosen most foods with the band in mind, so that was most of the reason for that. I also have not worried about my weight on this trip at all. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted - we'll see how that went.

There was a lot of sweets and desserts, because France does really well with those. I don't have a lot of photos of these either, because I would eat them before I remembered that I wanted to take a picture of them.

Before I Left Australia, I weighed myself: 117.4kg (258.8lb) I have not weighed myself at all while away. No access to a scale can be a wonderful thing, it has freed me from my weight issues. And while I have walked enough on the trip to actually loose weight, I did eat a fair bit of desserts and pasta while away. An item high on my to do list when I get home is to get back to my surgeon for a small fill, because I do know that I am too loose at the moment.

I guess I will just need to see how my scale reacts when I do get home. Looking forward to that so that I start adding my photos to my computer. I have so much that I want to share and catch up on.

Hope you are all well and I will be reading you soon.

5 comments:

  1. so glad you had a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it and hopefully see a few pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're having so much fun, Sam! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete