Places to go; Things to see

Monday, November 21, 2011

Looking out for me

So I have made a step in the right direction. I visited the doctor this morning. I wanted to get my blood work checked out. Just to make sure that the lackluster I have been feeling is not health related. I should have done this a while ago. As it has been over 18 months since I have been banded. The doctors recommend that you have your vitamin levels checked at least yearly. So I am a little behind schedule.

Another doctor appointment on Thursday, this one with my surgeon. I want a fill. I got the some fill removed before my trip because I was a tad too tight, but mainly, because I didn't want any problems while I was away. The trip is over, and I am just too loose. Other than in the early hours of the morning, I can just eat way too much. And that is sticking with a proper meal, not just band friendly stuff!

So for lunch today I am having a salad from Sumo Salad. A small container with some chicken salad mixed with corn, capsicum, lettuce, cheese and tomato, with a mustard dressing, and a little beetroot and feta salad to go with it. Very tasty. Something else I did with this meal... I was typing this post at the same time (however lost the original, so I am now re-typing, still some kinks in the DraftCraft app). Anyway, I was typing at the same time as eating, but I was concentrating on what I was eating. Taking the time to notice the flavours and textures as I ate. And the weirdest thing. I didn't finish it because I was full before I got to the end of the meal. And I was really able to taste the wonderful flavours of the dressing on the chicken. Tangy and a little spicy. I think it was one of the best meals I have had since I returned home, and that has gotten me thinking, that my eating habits are a big part of my problem on my weightless journey. I am not taking the time I need.

I was doing it automatically while overseas, partly because we were enjoying our surroundings, partly because I was being extra careful, and partly because I was enjoying the tastes of the food. Yet it seems that as soon as I got home I have reverted back to wolfing down food. Now I know that once does not form a habit. But this is something I am ally going to have to concentrate on. Especially when I return to work next week.

Yes, I do have to return to work :( I wish the holiday could last forever, but it can't.

I will say this. I will not be eating at my desk anymore at work. There is a lovely lunch room for us to sit at, even if it is a bit stark, but I am going to use it. The rule now is no food at the desk.

It is a bit ambitious, at least for me, as I usually snack throughout the day - there, I said it. I am a snacker, and along with still eating too fast, it is the reason for me not losing any real amounts of weight in the last twelve months. But as I am returning to work after two months, I think it is a fantastic time for a whole new mentality there as well.


Do I look like I'm serious and determined to change my life?

Let's see how I'm doing in two weeks, after a week back at work this could all fall apart, but I am determined to give it a try.

Posted via DraftCraft app

5 comments:

  1. I think you sound serious and determined! New habits are hard to form, but you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some determination...you've got the look. I know you WILL do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually do better while working too, because I'm on a schedule and I only have what I've brought in (no running back and forth to the fridge or pantry).
    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally off-subject...I love the colors in your sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete