Places to go; Things to see

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012, a Word, a Number and a Dream

So I have been giving this a lot of thought and the following are my goals for 2012:
A Word
Choice:

This is my word for 2012

It has always been about choices and I am finally going to address that and attempt to get a hold on mine.
 I will choose to exercise instead of sitting in front of the TV 
I will choose to exercise at least three times a week 
I will choose a healthy dinner instead of munching on chocolate and chips
I will choose to prepare a healthy meal plan for the week
I will choose to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day
I will choose to be held accountable for my actions
I will choose to do what I can to pay for my next holiday overseas

I will choose to add to this list as the year goes on :o)

A Number

As in the number of hours a month of exercise I will do as a minimum. 600 minutes is not a lot to achieve each month when broken down, but this year I am planning for consistency, not up and down track records.

A Dream
To reach goal weight this year.

I started this journey on March 22, 2010; it has been long enough.

I have been going through my stats and realized that I lost 6.9kg (15.3lb) in 2011. I waisted a lot of time this past year not doing what I was supposed to be doing. Eating the wrong foods, exercising only occasionally, and avoiding the issues I have with food.

2012 is the year this is changing. See I realized something else will I was going through my stats... I have reached 40kg down!!! I am over the half way mark. That is something I never thought I would get to. And hear I reached it and didn't even know it.

But I am going to have to work on it to keep it over 40kg, because my stats also show that while I loose weight over Christmas; I also gain in the new year! And this is my first test towards my new resolve for 2012.

Reading back over this it does sound like 'New Year Resolutions' but I guess I am just going to have to prove to myself that they are not, they are what I want to change about myself to help me get to the beginning of the my maintaining journey :o)

8 comments:

  1. best of luck to you on your new, refreshed endeavor!
    I'm rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps New Year's Resolutions can lose the bad connotation and we can achieve what we set out to do. Resolutions are nothing more than goals, really...a resolve to accomplish something in the coming year. I think you've got a lot of resolve and can accomplish all that you set your mind to. Let's do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam- no matter what we call them, if they make us look at what needs to chagnge, they are good.
    This will be your year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck meeing your goals for the new year. You can get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels like you have a positive direction to head in. Good luck chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals in 2012! I believe in you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and great word! It's definitely an important one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete