Places to go; Things to see

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hello Christmas Spirit & other rambles :o)

This week is flying by :o)

I am actually getting somewhere with my Christmas shopping. Finally feel as though I am no longer drowning in money worries. And finally feel as though I will be able to enjoy Christmas. It took a little while, but I am in the holiday spirit...

Ain't they cute?! I saw this when I googled Christmas Spirit :o)
Now the only thing I have lost this week is the will to exercise. But; while I don't count it towards my goal; I have done a lot of power walking in the last two days! Racing around in my lunch break to get things. Yesterday I would have had a good 30 - 40 minutes of solid power walking, as I had to get from one side of the city to the other (it's not a big CBD shopping area in Brisbane) in my break and really had to motor so that I would not be late back. Then again last night, I spent two hours powering through a shopping centre on the hunt for pressies. Didn't slow down for much at all.

But besides that there are been no scheduled exercise. Which I have resided myself to. I am afraid that I have fallen into that little trap were it is close enough to the new year to think I will begin again.

Only my thinking is I will begin again after I have finished work on Friday. Christmas is going to be lunch at a friends house and while there will be turkey, ham, veges and dessert, I won't go over board. And I the left overs will not be at my house, so I won't be grazing on them for the following week.

So yeah, I'm not coping with the foods at work at the moment, but I have checked the scale and so far it is still looking good, the pound I gained last week has gone, but that is all. So even though I am not eating the healthiest at work the portions are obviously small enough that it is not doing too much damage. And when I say not healthy, I mean chips and chocolates. Looking back I think one of the things that is saving me is my water intake.

It is summer here in Australia and so I am drinking close to 3 liters a day (about 100 oz?), now if I could just stop needing to go to the loo every 30 minutes :p

Alright, I best be going, more shopping to finish off and blogs to read. See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. The closer it gets to christmas,the more people I suddenly think I need a small gift for!!!AHHH,help me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those last minute things. Drives me nuts because I like to be done and organized in November! Never fails though, something or someoONE always comes up.
    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, power walking is great exercise! I'd totally count it.

    Sounds like you've got a great plan in place for the holiday meals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think scheduled or not, those power walks absolutely are fantastic. I'd count the minutes if your heart rate was up consistently for at least 15 mins.

    So glad you're in the cmas spirit. Can you give me some?? hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to hear the christmas spirit has found you. It is still eluding me and I'm not holding out much hope that it will find me before Sunday. Oh well. In my opinion, maintaining this time of year is a victory in itself.

    ReplyDelete