Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello December

So it is December the first. Silly season in apon us. I will survive... I will survive :o)

I guess it helps that I am going to be so broke this month that I will not be able to have a big Christmas. I find it quite funny really that I was fine while on holidays, but now that I am back, it is taking me two months to get back on the financial track. I spent too much money when I got back home and the few bills that were not paid while I was away quickly got out of control. They are up to date for the moment, but boy, that really has not left a lot of penny's in the jar for Christmas social outings :o) can't complain though, I had an amazing trip and who can't afford to lose a few pounds over this period. That is the ultimate goal after all. So all those drinks I can't buy should help to that end!!

Now, the goals for this month are fairly simple...
Drink water
Chew well
Exercise

The practice run over the last few days - just to get me in the zone as I had no goals in November; haven't gone that well. The first too are getting there. Chewing has really slowed down and so the quantities have also dropped. Water is getter there, been one short yesterday, but overall great job!

The exercise is another matter. My walking partner has had excuses all week and I have taken full advantage of them. As in, no exercise for me!

So today that has changed, and I have already been to the gym this morning before catching the train into work. No more excuses for this little duck. It was a 40 minute work out with 20 of cardio and 20 of weights. It is actually a good work out for before work, due to the lited time I have then.

If I can work out a plan so that I am more efficient with what muscle groups I do on weights, I sold be able to do this type of work ou most days. I know I'm not supposed to work the same muscle group two days in a row, so I plan to do a little research in all my fitness magazines and make sure I do the right oves and machines for just one group at a time. The cardio will also be mixed up, this morning I did a walk / jog interval session, so I need to make sure I don't over do the jog part, I'm still a little too heavy to jog every day. It puts a lot of pressure on the ankles and knees.

And the best thing about this morning is if my walking partner backs out this afternoon, I have already done my exercise for the day, and if she doesnt than I get an extra cardio session in, which is always the best stuff for weight loss :o)

I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Posted via DraftCraft app

5 comments:

  1. Sam, try the elliptical. It is easier on the joints and the work-out is similar to running if you push yourself.
    Take care of these knees and ankles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're surely getting back on track...good for you!

    As for the finances...well, totally worth it for the experience you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Robin..I love the elliptical!

    Winter is the hardest time for us money wise here. It is a shame becauuse it is when I want to spend the most money!

    I love these goals:
    Drink water
    Chew well
    Exercise

    They are my goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second what Robyn said, the elliptical is super good for your joints... much better than a treadmill anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great! I did the same thing when I worked out with a partner...if she didn't do it, I didn't do it. That's why I ended up having to find classes (i.e. Jazzercise & CrossFit). I'm so impressed with you getting up and doing it on your own. You rock!

    ReplyDelete