Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stressed to the point of being sick

I started yesterday off by throwing up, only there was nothing in my stomach so it was just saliva.

I thought I was just overly hungry due to the fact that Tuesday I had a big lunch and no dinner. I didn't feel 100% but thought it would pass. It didn't, I spent the train ride into work with my stomach rolling. And then I suffered through three hours of work with my stomach clinching and spasming. I gave up and went home to collapse on the coach.

To be honest, the pains remaindered me of when I had gall stones. So I figured it might be a little food poisoning, I'm not sure. More likely, it's stress related. With worrying about my niece and about my finances lately. It would not surprise me in the least if I was developing an ulcer.

But hey, positive thinking here. So I didn't eat a heck of a lot yesterday. In fact all I did eat were two choc chip cookies. Yes I know that was not good, but to be honest, I needed sugar, it had been 24 since I had last eaten anything, and that sort of thing was the only stuff I could keep down when my gall stones where mucking up. So I figured I'd give it a go. It worked. It didn't make me feel worse.

So after a tiring day I crashed by 8pm last night and slept all the way through the night. This morning I work u and although I didn't feel great I felt a lot better. So now I'm at work and sipping on some soup - much better food choice. But I still need to be careful. With every mouthful, I can feel my stomach wanting to reject it. So it is going slow.

And all I can think is I wonder how this will affect the scale in tomorrows weigh in. Over the last 36 hours all I have eaten is the two cookies and two small mugs of soup. There comes a point when starvation does more harm than good to the scale.

And another thing. The first thing that goes when I am sick is my blog reading, I just can't concentrate. So I have heaps of reading and commenting that I have not completed. Sorry about that.

I have started to catch up, but I am sorry if I missed your post.

I guess I better get back to work. Lunch breaks never last long when you are having fun :o)

Posted via DraftCraft app

7 comments:

  1. so sorry sam... i hope you get to feeling better. seems everyone is sick right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better!! I also hope you figure out what it was...and don't repeat it :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awful, there has been a lot of gastro going round down here in Adelaide(I know,that's the practice nurse in me)Keep your fluids and spirits up:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yuck, the worst kind of sick!
    Feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaawww...that's no good! Eat whatever will stay down and comfort that stomach. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, that doesn't sound good at all. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete