Places to go; Things to see

Monday, December 5, 2011

That was the Week End

It was a rather eventful one. I can only hope that next week end is not as packed as this one.

So latest update on Tori is that she is working out what dates she is going to come up to Brisbane to visit. When she lets me know that I'll just need to find a way to pay for the tickets :o) it will happen.

In other week end news, our team had our Christmas Party on Saturday night. We went down to the Gold Coast for a buffet dinner at this hotel called QT. it was lovely and the dinner was amazing. Nothing like a Sizzler buffet. This all freshly prepared and top of the range. The seafood bar had large prawns, crabs, scallops, oysters. There was another bar were you could get steaks cooked to your liking. A deli conter with cheeses and cold meats. Hot food - ribs, lamb shanks, roasts, veges. A stirfry bar, where you could add your prefered meat. And then there was the desert area. OMG it was amazing. Restaurant quality, petite serves and so much to choose from.

Here was my dessert selection, and I did not finish it. Actually I was very impressed with my meal selection on the night. I basically had 3 prawns, 4 scallops, a small piece of garlic pizza (of yeah, forgot about those) a little mash potato with two ribs and veges, and then the dessert. Mind you that was over a period of two hours and I know I would not have eaten as much if it had been over a shorter time frame. I only put a couple of pieces of food on my plate at a time, so I was able to go and get a new plate with everyone else. Only theres were full every time.

It did surprise me that I did worry about the differences on our plates. In the past it has always been, I have to get more than anyone else, or I have to get my moneies worth (dinner was $65.00 - just glad I had paid for it before my holiday) this time I was just enjoying the food, eating slowly and conversing with my team mates. I still find it a little odd, but I am getting better at it.

It was a good night and made better because it wasn't an overly late night and we didn't drink ourselves into a hangover. We all were staying at the hotel for the night and so we could have, but no one was in the mood. Partly because for most of them, Friday had been a big drinking night due to a farewell drinks party. I was glad for the quiter night, cause I just don't drink as much and the noise of bars is just too much for me these days (OMG I'm getting old :p)

Sunday was a relaxing day of a leisurely breakfast at a near by cafe before the drive back home. All in all, my social life this week end was great and only mared by my family life weighing my down a little.

So the new week is beginning and I will have a lot of work to do when I start. I am looking forward to the distraction.

Happy Monday people. I hope it is a great one.

Posted via DraftCraft app

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend and those desserts look de-lish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love those desserts...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. And those desserts all look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just crazy of desserts and these all desserts look great, I want to eat them all. Clinics offering Lapband in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, there are at least 4 pieces there,I could just devour-but isn't it great , that we mostly are happy with small serves....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good time! That dessert plate looks heavenly and sinful all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy wow, that looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those desserts... you're killing me! :)

    Sorry to hear about the family stress. I know full well how overwhelming it is to be so worried about family situations that we have no control over. Thinking of you!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete