Places to go; Things to see

Monday, December 19, 2011

Week begins


Mondayitis is here with a vengence :o)


But the good news is there is only five working days until Christmas...



Oh wait, that is one of the things that is causing me to have Mondayitis!!!!! I haven't done any shopping for it yet. You see when we got back from overseas, Mum and I agreed that the holiday was our christmas present and that we would not be doing anything this year, but now that my neice is coming up, we want to do something for her.

Sounds fine, go get some gifts and food and all is great, only problem is I havent got any money to do this until tomorrow...afternoon. So that will mean that I am going to have to fight all the shopping crowds to get the gifts and shop for food.

I worked in a supermarket for thirteen years before I moved to Queensland, do you know that I still get anxious in a crowded supermarket. I'm one of those people that get in. Grab what I need and get out. I love the new self service check outs they have here, because it means I don't have to talk to anyone in the supermarket. I can be as grouchy as I like to the checkout, because it isn't a person.

Most of the time it is fine, but Christmas time is the worst, the shops close for one day, maybe two, the law is different every year about wheather shops can open on Boxing Day. But the amount of food poeple would buy on the days before Christmas. You would think the shops were closing for a month!!!

Not to mention the Christmas carols, I used to love them when I was a kid, then I worked in a supermarket.. This bit I am sure is the same in all retail, but the constant carolling drives me insane. I get anxious and flustered and just need to get out of the shops if I'm there too long now.

And now I have to dive right in to the mix. What is worse, is that because I do get this flustered. I have no idea what I am even going to get her. My game plan is going to be to do a little google window shopping today and make a list up. Find out where I can get them after my work hours and then hit the shops running after work this week.

It is a plan, but we will just have to see how it turns out.

I hope everyone else's Monday looks a little more cheery than mine :o)

Posted via DraftCraft app

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on the Monday-itis!
    I SO appreciate the support on my blog... I am working it on keeping OFF the sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, I have faith in you-I managed to get mine done the other day-its all in the planning-if you know what sort of stuff you're looking for,way easier than deciding on the run!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a last minute shopper my entire life and I used to work in a supermarket also so I feel your pain on all fronts. You can do it. Just try to not let everyone get to you and remember...mentally...you can still be on your trip of a lifetime...just in a supermarket. LOL.

    ReplyDelete