Places to go; Things to see

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year


The new year is here and I have already worked a full day :o)

But it is all about working towards a great year so I don't mind.

I just wish I had more time to spend with my niece, but I have found that even though I have had to work for some of the time that she has been up here, we have still been having a great time. Shopping, beaches and hanging out.

I am even trying to help her get healthy and fit. She wants to loose a little weight, mainly she just needs to eat healthier food and stop the mindless snacking.. Like we all do :o) I am hoping that together (via Facebook) we will be able to help each other do the good things we need to do, like exercise and drink water, and limit the not so good choices, like take away every day and limit the flavored coffees she loves so much.

I know it is hard for her at the moment, as she is living with another family, and while they love her, she still feels a little out of place.

One bit of advise hat I did give her was to not weigh herself when she has her periods, I know it messes with my head every month as I usually gain weight and it can easily sent me into a spiral of bad eating. And I am following that advise too! So no weigh in this week, in fact I am going to try weighing in once a fortnight for the moment. Just to see how it goes. I can always change it again if I find it isn't working out. As my word says: it is my choice :o)

Alright, everyone have a great day and enjoy the beginning of what is to be a great year!!!

Posted via DraftCraft app

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and keep it up for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you!!

    xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year dearie! Cheers for all of us reaching our wellness goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Sam!! Let's all help each other stay in track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 2012 to you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lurve my niece and hope that I have a great relationship like you girls in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to weigh less often, too! We can do this. :)

    ReplyDelete