Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm a Half Arser

That got your attention, didn't it :o)

There have been a few posts about on not being half assed about the lapband journey. Started by LBG and then commented on by Cat. And when I read Cat's post and what she said, I could actually feel the light bulb go off above my head!

She commented about the average weightless with the band is 50% and it suddenly dawned on me that that is exactly were I am at the moment. I have lost 40kg, I have just under that to get to my goal! I've lost 50% of my excess weight.

Now on its own, that is amazing, I could not be happier!!!

But as a whole, it is only half way to we're I want to be!

And yes, I have to admit to myself that I have been half assed on the band front. Have been for a while now. If I was not, I could have already been at goal. But I am not here to dwell on that right now. Right now I am dwelling on the things I have to change to correct this injustice I am doing to myself.

And I know I sound like a broken record, but sometimes you have to go through a lot of false starts before you get off the start line. All I can do is plan things out and do my best to stick to them and not be so half assed on my journey any more!

By the way, yesterday went quite well with the planning I did do, I just forgot to include planning for an afternoon snack, and so had a packet of crisps....see I need the restart already :p

And before I even read the posts this afternoon on the half ass bit, I had already bought a notepad to use for tracking. These apps and programs for your phone and computer are all great, but I have found I track best with pen and paper. So it is back to the basics for me in that regard.

Oh yeah, and it does look like exercise is very limited at the moment for me. I climbed the stairs at work and was out of breathe. So it looks like this cold or flu that is trying to knock me over has taken up residence in my chest. I don't feel too bad, but I am taking a lot of vitamins and to have been winded after climbing two sets of stairs tells me I am not capable for exercise right know. I can usually briskly walk up those stairs and another five cases near by them and not be winded at all, even in the current heat.

This Queensland wheather can be very confusing at times :o)

Now I am off. Train is almost home and I want to do a bit more catch up! I wanted the do the ten thing Thursday today, but I guess that will need to wait for another time. It funny how a subject can grab your attention and lead you on a whole new path!

Posted via DraftCraft app

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read Cat's post yet but I'm sure I get the gist. I didn't get the band thinking it would be a magic wand and I'm proud of my progress. My issue is now that I've lost 70% of my excess weight, I'm too lazy to lose the rest. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand what you're talking about here hon.
    I had plenty of false starts when I quit smoking. The point is, we have to keep trying or one thing is for certain...we'll NEVER get to where we want to be if quit trying. 50% is FABULOUS and I bet you're sooo much healthier now than you were before. If you want goal though, you can absolutely do get there, just keep working it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup..it is funny how you can read information a bunch of times but it just takes the right post at the right time to get the light bulb on. I cannot tell you the number of times I had to beat my head against the same wall until I figured stuff out. The beating continues...even at goal I still learn stuff.

    Good luck whole ass-ing it now :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better by now! Chest colds are the worst. :(

    Sorry for the late comment, I'm tryyying to catch-up. Slow process!

    ReplyDelete