Places to go; Things to see

Monday, January 30, 2012

Photography..... A Hobby


I have been thinking about photography a lot lately. I love taking photos and when I do, I like the results. I was thinking of joining one of the 365 projects on Flickr, or even a 52 week project, but I have decided that I just don't want that pressure, so for the first year, you guys will be my audience...if you don't mind.

I was thinking along the lines of Funky Foto Friday or Sam's Sunday Snaps, then realised actually Sunday may work out better because I am usually home every Sunday, more often than on Friday's and I will need my home computer to do this, because as much as I love my iPad, I am not very impressed with the photo applications on it. It's great for storage and displaying the photo's, but I can't download to websites from it and the blogging app I'm using doesn't allow for me to adjust the image at all. I can add a photo to a post. That's it.

So Sunday will have the first edition on Sam's Sunday Snaps.

I have borrowed a list from some of the photo projects that I found, a list of themes for each week, I love the idea of the project, I just know I wouldn't be able to come up with something new every week, especially to begin with, so I will use the list as a guideline and that way I can adjust as I go. Who knows, I may have no trouble coming up with an idea, at least this way I have a fall back plan.

Now the basic rules are as follows:
~ They have to be new photos taken during the week.
~ Can only post one photo a week for this project.
~ This isn't a self-portrait project, but can include them.

Simple aren't they.

As this is a new start for me, I will have the first photo topic be "newness". And during this week I'm going to design a little button for my project... and I'm also working on a new blog for it too, it should be ready to go by Sunday :o)

Now in band news, I am doing okay, but have failed miserably on the exercise goal this month. I didn't make the right choices. Looking back I probably should not have cancelled the gym membership on the wetest month of the year, but it doesn't change the fact that I could not get there when I needed to. I'm looking into the 24 hour gyms around me and will hopefully be able to join one of them sooner rather than later. Time is not on my side though. I still need to get there when they are staffed to check it out in person, cause as usual, most of their websites don't offer a lot of I depth info.

Food wise, I am off the wagon where chocolate is concerned. February is going to be no chocolate month! I have to stop it. Some of you are addicted to Mountain Dew or Sunkist or Coke. I don't have a problem with those. I do have a big problem with chocolate.

The latest culprit is

It was not even a week ago that I mentioned to someone that I'm glad they had not brought this one back, because I LOVE it, and then I was in the shop on Saturday and BANG, there it was, before I could stop myself it was in the basket and I was through the check outs.

It was a bad choice and one I have to now work off.

And looking back over the last few paragraphs, I would have to say that I am not doing well on the band front! Does it count that when I am not eating chocolate I'm am doing very well food wise, and although I am not doing the planned exercise, I have increased my incidental movement a lot?

I know it's not much, but it is a heck of a lot better than the old me. And I will be doing better in both these departments.

At least my water is still on track :o)

Okay, I have gone on for way too long, have a great Monday everyone!

Posted via DraftCraft app

9 comments:

  1. OMG - you are a brave soul. No chocolate for a month!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate just as much as I do Mt. Dew. I gave up the Dew, but I have not given up the chocolate...and probably never will. I have never even seen that tropical pineapple, but it looks so good. I am addicted to the Ritter Sport Strawberry Cream...but I limit myself to three squares a day and I just make sure I log it. I especially could never give it up in February...The Rockstar always gives me great chocolate for Valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Focus on the positive changes you're making, even if they're small...they DO add up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Cadbury is run by the devil himself. I've never had that one you posted about, but the mini eggs are pure evil sweetness!
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH man..Cadbury's....They had a cranberry granola one a while back. I have been grateful it went away but I NEVER saw the pineapple. I will have to go look now :). I was thinking I should crack out my camera more as well...I will try and join you on your photo quest if you like.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, pineapple...

    No promoting these tasty new products! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm with Ronnie-- but I hear you on the chocolate. I wish you lots of good luck with no chocolate February-- I think it is a lofty goal, but that's the kind you've got to have!!!
    Tx for all the support on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once gave up chocolate in February (for lent) and it was so hard because of Valentine's Day and those stupid girlscouts with their evil minty cookies!!! Honesty, if your only bad choice is too much chocolate, then you're probably doing OK...just cut back to maybe one small piece a day to get your fix. A little chocolate is actually good for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cadburys has a LOT to answer for - it is one of my favourite food groups! I think it's great you are just moving forward and lining up new goals for Feb - well done!

    ReplyDelete