Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Two Years


This morning marks the second bandiversary for me. I can't believe it has been this long.

I used to wish for the will power to stick to a diet, that one never came through for me, so I got myself the band, and what do you know, my wish came true. That is the true meaning of wishing, wanting something so bad, you go out and do something about it. 

Now my wish is to get to goal. So I guess the real question is; do I want it bad enough that I do something about it? 

I have the tools, I have the knowledge and I have the support. I just have to put them all together and no one else can do that for me.

To celebrate my bandiversary I have complied a short list of how I am different now to before my surgery.

I have lost 40kg / 88lb (and have kept it off)
I feel healthy
I can move freely
I am even starting to run
I feel more confident in myself
I feel as though I have a place here in this community
I can climb stairs with out getting winded
I can sit in cafe seats
I was able to fly long distance and have to worry about fitting in the seats (it was a tight fit, but I did fit)
I can wear high heels
I do wear makeup (mostly just the eyes and lipstick cause I don't like my skin being smothered)
I am more confident when I walk into clothing stores
I still enjoy chocolate, but it is never the whole family block in one sitting anymore
I no longer cringe away from cameras

This was me in February 2010

And this is me now

I am a much happier person and while I know I still have a way to go, posts like this are great for reminding myself how far I have come, and how well I have done so far. And how much I really want to get to goal!

I also want to thank each and every one of you who read my posts. Without your support it would have been a lot harder journey to date and I could see myself giving up along the way, but whenever I had those doubts, you have all encouraged me and inspired my with your words and your own blogs. The support I have found here is amazing. So thank you for sharing your stories and supporting me through mine.

Now I am off to start on year three :o) It is going to be a good year. 

Posted via DraftCraft app

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sam. You're doing so well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bandiversary! Congrats on all your success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling....you look simply marvelous!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bandiversary! Such a dramatic change. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bandiversary! Thanks for the inspiration! You look AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bandiversary! Those pictures say so much and the NSV's do too. Your transformation is truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...what a transformation. You should be SO proud of yourself. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Done .......
    I'm well into year 3 now ... the last part to goal is the hardest ... but with the right attitude .. you (we) can make it .... Happy for your loss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Bandiversary! It's so great to see all the positive changes in your life and how far you're come! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy bandiversary!! Look how far you've come!! That is wonderful, and I loved your NSV list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely post, congratulations and you look wonderful, also loved your NSV list!

    ReplyDelete