Places to go; Things to see

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lost

Hello, it has been a little while and for that I am sorry. Can I please send out a big, big thank you to all that left your very kind and encouraging comments on my two year post.

I guess I have to admit that the fact that I have not yet reached my goal has affected me more than I want to admit. And all the time I am in two minds about it.

I know that I would never have lost the last 40kg and kept them off with out the band, but I know that the reason I have only lost the 40kg is because I have not been a very good Bandster.

The last few weeks have been tough emotionally for me. Nothing that I can put my finger on, just blah. The scales has been jumping around like crazy between 112kg and 110kg, and that has put me in a bit of a spin too, because it seems like it would go down when I was eating crap and up when I was being good, of course don't try to remind me that it was just the changes taking a day or two to affect the scale... I only looked at the immediate results :o)

So yes I'm still trying to loose the same two kilos or four pounds that I have for a while now. Easter was not a good weekend food wise. I had four days off and nothing to do. Very low on funds, so there wasn't even petrol money to get out and about. Ofcourse the idea of getting out and going for a walk didn't occur to me until I got back to work this morning. Why would I have an active thought, when I can sit around all week end and complain that there is nothing to do!

There wasn't a lot of chocolate eaten, so that is one thing, and I haven't gained weight, still at the 112kg mark. But it is stopping. I actually did really well today at work and have a shopping list that I am about to go and fill. Packed lunches will be coming to work with me for a while. I have some major holiday plans coming up and if I want to actually achieve them, I am going to have to start saving now, otherwise I'll have to tr to get a loan and I do not want to do that! I have enough debt without adding another holiday to it.

Alright, I just thought I had better check in and let everyone know that I am still alive. I will get back into the swing on blog land and I am very sorry that I fell out of touch for so long. I even stopped the snaps for Sunday and that was supposed to be a treat for myself. But I will get to that again this Sunday! The topic is 'time' which I think is quite funny when I think about the length of time it will take me to get to it :o)

Back soon and thanks for reading my rambling babble :o)

Posted via DraftCraft app

6 comments:

  1. I have lost 2 lbs in 4 months. I hear you on the stall. In my opinion, the second year is the hardest. The newness and "easy" weight loss stops and real work starts. We can do this..I know we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you! This is a forever journey. Just keep chipping away at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello--somehow I missed your two year post. It was wonderfully written and your pictures were awesome!! I know that the fact that you are not yet at goal can get you down but don't let it. You have done a great job. the weight you have lost is a wonderful victory! As Beth Ann this is a forever journey and you have more time to keep chipping away and learning new ways of getting to where you want to be.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your stall!!! I hate stalls, they are awful. The only good thing is at least it is not a gain!! I've heard the second and following years are tougher to get the weight off. Keep at it!! You can do it girlfriend!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear from you again! You must keep in mind that you have come so far, have lost 40kg, and you are making good choices (e.g. Easter.) Your body might need a change-up to put it back into weight loss mode - what about increasing or changing the exercise you are doing. Are there a few foods which aren't helping (eg. evil carbs!). I found tracking my food was really useful to understand what was going on. You've come so far, you can keep succeeding - but it does take strength and perserverance. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I agree with manda panda. Time for change. We CAN do this.

    ReplyDelete