Places to go; Things to see

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hypochondria

hy·po·chon·dri·ac   [hahy-puh-kon-dree-ak]

a. pertaining to or suffering from hypochondria,  an excessive preoccupation with and worry about one's health: The comedy is aimed at the hypochondriac demographic.

b. produced by hypochondria: Hypochondriac feelings overwhelmed her.

I sometime wonder if I suffer from this, the smallest thing and I worry. A mole gets a little bigger and I think it has to be skin cancer, have it checked and its just a normal mole. Felt a lump in my breast once, had a whole heap of tests done and turns out it was just the hormonal changes of my body when I get my period.

These things where I have gone to the doctor only to be told that its nothing have me worried that I worry too much!

Where am I going with this?

Well last night I was scrunched over cutting my toenails and when I sat back up, it felt like my stomach got tangled up and was really sore and took a little while for me to be able to straighten up completely. Felt a little wierd as I went to bed, and all day today it has felt tender. I should add that I was wearing a constricting, hold you in camisole. I don't know what I did, but if it doesn't settle down in a day or so, I will have it checked out.

But I of course immediately think my band has slipped, even though there are no other symptoms to support this theory.

I sometimes think I look for things that are wrong with the band so that I can prove it isn't me that is failing!

Sad that....

Yet another thing that needs working on :o) but for now I think I will go work on a photo chllenge for my self. Jen had a great idea of having it based on band related topics, like food I have prepared and other such things..... The brain is ticking, I'll let you know what I come up with :o) Night all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you there - every little twinge inside HAS to be band-related. Not to mention moles = skin cancer, headaches = brain tumour, etc, etc.

    Hope your tangled insides have sorted themselves out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked as an oncology nurse for 2 years at the end of my nursing career - OMG, every headache was a brain tumor, every stomach bug was cancer, etc. (It's why I'm not a nurse anymore, really!)

    Glad to hear things are unclenching!

    ReplyDelete