Places to go; Things to see

Monday, August 6, 2012

Remembering

The day I got my band was the best day of my life! I felt on top of the world! I just knew that i would get to my goal and nothing would stop me. 

Two and a half years later, that enthurism has gone. I truely don't believe that anymore! Why? I have no idea! All I know is that I haven't felt sure about reaching goal for about two years now,and in that two years I have not lost a lot of weight in comparison to that first six months.

At six months into being banded, I was here!

I mean since then I have lost another 12 kilos, but it has been a very slow process and a lot of the time it has been very up and down.

Why?

I can tell you that - my diet is crap! 
My headspace is in dire need of being adjusted!
I need to move my ass more than once a week!

How do I fix this?

That is the question, isn't it? 

First off, I have been back reading through my blog. It is actually quite fun. It's like reading the blog of an optimistic stranger at the moment, because I really do not recognize me from those posts any more. Sad as that is! 

I have to clean up my eating. The chips and chocolate and crap have to stop. I read back through posts where I was recording what I as eating and it sounds so tasty! I used to go weeks without buying my lunch. Packed lunches are the way to success. More protein. I read one week were I had a roast pumpkin salad three days in a row with different types of protein added to it every day. I haven't had that salad since, but I still remember it! How sad it that. 

I also have to get my water intake back up to the two liter mark every day. I can't remember the last time I actually drank that much and that was something I was always so good at too. Even before being banded.

Exercise is a must. I need to start from scratch on this, slow and steady and just do it. No ifs buts or maybes about it.

And lastly; I need to blog. The time I was successful was when I was reading and posting on a regular base. I miss it so much. I miss me!

I am off to a good start, tonight after work I went to the gym. Got there, realised I forgot my purse which has my membership card in, so had to go back home to pick that up and actually went back to the gym. Then after that came home and made diner (spaghetti & meatballs) only got half way though that as I did have a stuck episoide. Need to lay off the pasta, that is what I get stuck on, and it is not the first time, so it shows I aint listening to me still!

I have even made lunch for tomorrow. It is just a simple tuna salad,that I will have with rice cakes and tomato and maybe some cheese. But it is a start. And that is what I am trying to do!

Night all :o)

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you with this new post. Blogging for me is very important to stay on track...it totally helps in its own little way. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've missed you. Blogging holds an amazing amount of accountability for me. I'm regrouping and setting up some new goals. Let's get back on track together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome for you for going back to the gym after going home for your wallet! I'm pretty sure I would have given up myself. Every day is a struggle, you gotta take them one day at a time. I'm with you, I'm struggling myself now. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so totally proud that you went BACK to the gym. I would've chickened out with some dumb excuse like, "It wasn't meant to be." That's a great step in the right direction, ma'am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm two years out and it's still a daily struggle for me! I'm feeling your pain. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back blogging. It is a daily struggle. I hope you find some motivation to keep on keepin' on. :)

    ReplyDelete