Places to go; Things to see

Monday, September 3, 2012

What a Week

So I was thinking over the last week with my neice being up and I realised it was a huge week for me. Besides having her up here and trying to help her with what she has been going through, I have had an amazing week of good fortune!!!

Monday at work I got a visit from Steve Walters (Rugby player for Queensland and former Qld State of Origin player) I had helped with a large group booking of kids on our trains for a foundation he works with. He came to give me one of these:

Commemorative State of Origin jersey and it lists all of the Queensland players that have played on our state's side through the years.

Even better is that it is signed by Mal Meninga (Legend and Team Coach)

And Cameron Smith (Team Captain)

Wednesday I was able to get a couple of tickets to a Pitbull concert through work!
And they were great seats too!

Now I did not really know what to expect as I didn't know of Pitbull by name prior to this. But I was very pleasantly supprised that I actually knew a lot of the music and really liked it. I am just terrible putting artists to music :p there was a bit of at very heavy bass usage in the music that I do not like, but on the whole. It was great music and a great (if not late) night.

I also really enjoyed e support acts that were on.

And then Friday comes and I won the work's social club Father's Day raffle
Yep, an awesome four burner BBQ, I haven't gotten this one home yet, and it comes in two boxes, one weighs 20kilos the other is 40 kilos, so I need to ise a trolley and have someone helping me get it into a car! So it will have to wait until this week end when I am working and will be able to take the car in.

When I think back. I don't think I could have had a better week. Tori was happy, I was happy and we all had a great week.

Pity it couldn't have continued. Tori went home Friday and on Father's Day yesterday my sister and her husband wouldn't let there daughter come over and visit them so that she could give him his Father's Day present. What sort of mother and father do that? So she is again upset! I wish she would have listened to me when I told her to stay away feom them, but I can'tblame her, she still loves her family and still wants to be a part of their lives. They are just selfish @sses that don't care about anything other than themselves!

Sorry, rant over.

Anyway, I hope to be able to help out Tori anyway I can!

Now it is Monday morning and I am on my way into the city for an early Yoga class, trying it out to see how the 7-8am class works in with my morning prior to starting work. I am hoping to get to the class four mornings a week. It will help with relaxing (hopefully) and also with getting me in a good frame of mind for the day.

Tackeling my depression on as many fronts as possible and this is just one of them.

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did have a great week! You are a really good Aunt helping your niece, I'm sure she appreciates it more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shirt, concert tickets and a bbq. You are having a lucky week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week. You are a great aunt. Tori is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete