Places to go; Things to see

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Catching Up

I always feel as though I am playing catch up. In everything.

Work, life, blogs, weighloss, exercise and especially sleep!

Work: learning new things is never fun, all of a sudden I have gone from knowing everything in my job and teaching others so that they can help me, to learning new things and having no idea. Reminds me of going from primary to high school, one day you are at the top of the pack, the next day at the bottom :p I know it is only a temperary feeling and that I will learn how to book a group holiday package and not just the rail for them sooner rather than later, but all the systems and processes are very frustrating at the moment!

Life: I feel like it is getting away from me, or maybe this is just the lack of sleep talking as I am really tired and never seem to get enough.

Blogs: like some many out there, I follow a lot of blogs and there are times, when I just can't keep up. Not giving excuses, just me wanting to acknowledge that I am sorry for not commenting as much as I would like!

Weightloss: yeah well, I am working on this and is usually the subject of my posts, so I won't say more on it at this time :p

Exercise: getting better, but I am not where I want to be, so of course I want to complain. But I am remembering this picture from facebook. I will get there, I just need to keep working at it day by day. Enjoy the journey and stop wishing I was already there!

I can relay this back to all of these issues in tonights post! I want everything now, I need to learn how to slow down and enjoy the journey more!

And having just typed that I realise it is Thanksgiving in American, so for all of you, I do hope you have a great day with family and friends and find lots to be thankful for. We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia, but to take a leaf from your book, I am thankful for my band and the kilos I have lost to date on my journey, without which I would still huff and puff as I climbed a few stairs, I would still consumed whole tubs of ice cream and pizzas and then go looking for more, I would not be able to wear the heeled shoes I love to wear everyday to work, I would not be writting this blog and helping me get to where I need to go. So I am thankful for a lot. I just have to remember them every once in a while.

And just think, the weekend is nearly here, what more is there to be thankful for :o)

Night!

3 comments:

  1. I'd catch up on sleep first - everything always seems less fraught when you're rested :)

    Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chris. Sleep is a must. It seems so many of us are a bit frazzled lately. And really...there's no reason for it. There is nothing going on for most of us (there are definitely exceptions to this) that can't wait 5 minutes to give us a chance to breathe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, I also agree about sleep-- they also say being well rested helps with weight loss efforts.
    Anyhow: it is a good practice to remind yourself of what is good in your life, especially if you are at all like me: one to find the chinks in all the armor, so to speak....

    ReplyDelete