Places to go; Things to see

Monday, November 12, 2012

Don't Give Up, Don't Give Up

Picture Source

I saw this picture on someone's Facebook timeline and I thought it quite fitting after my last post about not wanting to do the work I need to get to goal because basically I am too impatient!

Week 141 post-op weigh in,
Starting weight: 151.9kg / 334.9lb
Last week: 109.9kg / 242.3 lb
Current weight: 110.2 kg / 242.9 lb
Change: gain of 0.3 kg / 0.6 lb
Total Weight Lost to Date: 41.7 kg / 92 lb

I am not happy with myself, but I am not quitting!

To be honest, it is probably the fact that I have started exercising! I know that previously when I started to exercise, my weight would go a little crazy for a week on two. I atrying to hold om to this memory this week so that I don't go completely nuts :p

Habit building is frustrating slow, it doesn't help that I was thinking about starting this up a few ays before I actually started it. But it comes down to the same thing; I am not patient and want to be at the end result now. But as the pic say, I need to work everyday to get to my heart's desire. Here is how I am going so far:
Yep! Just two days down...... But two from two is better than none from two!

Can I just say, I am enjoying it! I can't remember why I stopped going to the gym! I think it was something to do with trying to do it after work and was just too tired. I don't know, but I do know that so far I am liking it, and I am enjoying that feeling and am doing my best to hold onto it!

So far, and yes I am calling two days "so far", I have kept it the gym and just thirty mintues. Sunday, it was raining, so I didn't get out for my regular hour and a half walk, so I went off to the gym and did week one, day one of the C25K program. I am keeping the jogging speed very slow, only 7km/h or 4.3 mi/h, but I figured it is better to go slow and get through it rather than faster and not be able to finish! When it get to the stage where I feel that I can go faster, I will, but I am okay with this speed for now.

Even if I do go through the whole eight week program at this low speed, I am good with that. If that happens, I can than start over at a higher speed. I just want to finish the program, not be able to run a marathon at the end of these eight weeks :p that will be much later.....

So there you go. I think I am in a bit better place than a few days ago. Especially for a Monday :o)
Exercise: 4 of 40 sessions

Blogs: 3 of 20 posts

Weight: 110.2 kg (aiming for 99 kg)

3 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep on moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 days is 2 days...don't knock it. You have to start somewhere and you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right two days is a good start.

    ReplyDelete