Places to go; Things to see

Monday, November 19, 2012

Ever changing minds

I think I have to face facts that my goal to get to 99kg by the end of the year is going to be an unachievable goal... Here is my weekly weigh in results:

Week 139 post-op weigh in,
Starting weight: 151.9kg / 334.9lb
Last week: 110.2 kg / 242.9 lb
Current weight: 110.1 kg / 242.7 lb
Change: loss of 0.1 kg / 0.2 lb
Total Weight Lost to Date: 41.8 kg / 92.2 lb

Now I know that the exercise helped with this weigh in and it would have been a lot better if it had not been for the Twihard weekend I just had (more in a sec), but I basically I have not yet started on getting to 99kg by the end of the year and it is getting so much closer to havinig to loose 2kg a week to get there, and if 1.5 was a stretch, 2 is not doable! At least not for me where I am at the moment.

So instead of giving up, I am going to adjust! The exercise and blogging goals remain the same, but as for weight, I am thinking that I would like to get to 105kg (around 230lb). Not as stressfull, not as daunting, and well on the way of getting to that 99 mark.
So that is that update.

Now for Twihard weekend :o)

Basically, I love the Twi1ight books, have read them many times, even have them on my iPad so that I can read them any time I feel like it. The movies are another thing. I don't mind them, but I have never been a huge fan of the way books get butchered so that they can fit into a two hour movie.

That being said, I would never miss the last installment of the series and since it hit the silver screens on Thursday, some friends and I decided to see all the preivios movies before venturing off to see the fifth and final film! Saturday we meet up and over a cheese platter, some bubbly wine and frozen strawberry daiquiris we watched them all! We made fun of the acting, cheered over Jacab's abs and wondered what the fuss is about over Edward. And how Bella is a playing them both over each other. We had a great afternoon / evening. Then on Sunday we went off to the cinemas and sat for the last of the installments. I have to say it was the best Bella ever looked, and I really did enjoy it as part of the whole movie saga.

Then, an hour and a half into the two hour movie, black out!!!

We had some pretty strong storms this weekend and right then it affected us and our movie watching! Could not believe it, we just laughed! Thankfully it didn't last long, within 15 minutes the movie was up and running again, and we were even able to see the fight scene again when they restarted from the beginning of the scene.

So that was my fun week end. One of the things that was really good is that I didn't eat nearly as much 'party' food as I would have! Even the others noticed that, we just had the cheese platter, which had two cheeses, dip and crackers on it, two bags of chips and some of a very yummy chocolate slice envolving cookie dough, peanut butter cups and fudge brownie. But we didn't touch the pastry puffs, the pizza that was planned, or any of the other cheeses and dips and chips that were planned. And there were three of us there and I wasn't the heaviest person.

We are all foodaholics, not too long ago, we would have demolished the lot and then had ice cream at the movie theatre. But we didn't, I guess it is a bit of reverse peer pressure, I can no longer eat as much as I used to, they want to be healthier so when I wasn't constantly refilling the stomach with the food, it actually slowed them down too!

Really makes we marvel over the changes I have gone through. And even as I read over the food, it still was a lot of food and mostly heavy in the calorie count, but it wasn't even half the amount of food we were expecting to consume! And that is a scary thought.

I best be going, about to start work for another Monday. I hope you all have a great week :o)

4 comments:

  1. Even if that number doesn't say what you want as fast as you want the awesome exercise you are doing will show. I bet you are firming up things that have never seen firm before :) GO YOU!!!

    That bruise looks ouchy by the way.

    xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up - adjust! Love this thinking - you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I read somewhere on a running forum that you should only hit your goals 50% of the time. I get it, even though I tend to make goals I can hit, but adjusting is the smart thing to do. Not hitting a goal isn't a failure either! I think you're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete