Places to go; Things to see

Friday, November 2, 2012

Relief

Firstly, I do hope that everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy are safe, dry and well.

So I visited my surgeon again this morning and he removed a tiny smidge of my last fill.

Relief :o)

I was able to drink over 2 litres of water while at work today with no problem, and my breakfast was the same and before and lunch was still a really small serve, so fingers crossed this could be a great level.

Having said that, I know I have to wait a few days to get the true feel of this fill level, but to be honest, today was the first time in two weeks were I could drink the minimum water levels, so I am very happy :o)
In fact I had not realised how restricted I was until I finished my first one litre bottle and was topping it up again. I have not done that simple act in a while. I even filled it a second time, but didn't even get half way through the third fill of the bottle.

After the first bottle, I did wonder about food, but my serve was the same as what I was eating yesterday and filled me up for the rest of the day. After work I stopped off for a wine with some friends from work and only started to feel hungry then, I am sorry to say that I ate a small packet of Twisties.

Nights have really been my downfall lately, and I can understand it, I just need to work the action plan to avoid it! Protein first has been drummed in for so long, and I do great at through the day, but come night fall, it is just sugar and carbs, carbs and sugar. The brain will say protein, but the hands are grabbing sugar. And I really try to avoid to even have the stuff in the house, but there are times when I am in the stores and the hands take over :p the brain has no say and before I know it, I have ice cream or chips at home!!!

That has to stop, but even as I type this, I am struggling.

Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels!!!

I know a lot of people at goal use this mantra to get them through times like this, and I do try to use it. But I have still never been skinny and so it really is an elusive dream for me at the moment! Or at least it feels elusive.

This week has made it feel a little less elusive, but it still seems out of reach. I just have to keep my goal in focus. And when I was searching for inspiration in Google, I came across this Nike ad
And that really just says it all.

That is the real reason I am not able to focus on my goal and stay away from the crappy sugar and carb heavy foods, I have not gotten off my ass, and I have not worked for it! And until that changes, I can not continue to complain.

That's it for tonight while I dwell on that last thought. Have a great week end everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got some out. Nothing is worse than not being able to get your fluids in! I hope this is a great level for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that poster!

    Glad that you're at a nice fill level - and that you're getting your water in - WOOT!

    Have an active, healthy, wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you can drink again.
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I feellike I will never been skinny and it makes me feel hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That saying "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" doesn't work for me. I've never felt skinny and I still don't feel skinny now so I have no point of reference. Glad the slight unfill helped.

    ReplyDelete