Places to go; Things to see

Monday, December 10, 2012

On The Mend

Week 142 post-op weigh in,
Starting weight: 151.9kg / 334.9lb
Last week: 108.2 kg / 238.5 lb
Current weight: 108.8 kg / 239.9 lb
Change: gain of 0.6 kg / 1.4 lb
Total Weight Lost to Date: 43.1 kg / 95 lb

There was a little but of a bounce back on the scale this week, and I can't say that I am surprised! I have now had two weeks with very little exercise, although I did have my two hour walk yesterday!

The chest is getting better, at the moment the stitches don't need to be covered and I just need to wait until Thursday before I go back to have them taken out. I have more discomfort than actual pain at the moment, and the fact the my boob feels like it is dragging on the stitches doesn't help :p supportive bras are very in with me at the moment, and I think they will be for a while yet... I just wish I had one that was shower proof, as that is just awkward to try and support myself while washing the hair. I am hoping that as the wound heals more, it won't be so bad!

Moving on, I feel a little bad about the fact that it has been two weeks since I have been to the gym, and yesterday, while I was on my walk, I realised that other han a few days when I was actually recovering, I should have been going! I can still walk! I just can't jog!

You see, because I had started the c25k program, I have found walking on the treadmill a little boring, only because I am in love with the idea of running, have no idea what the out come of this will be, but at the moment I want to at least say that I can run 5km without stopping. Once I can do that, then I will decide if I like it and want to continue with it.

When I couldn't jog because of the pain that would cause, I automatically transfered that pain to any movement at the gym! So I didn't go. And so the scale has since rewarded me with a numbe that is not the best. Titally understandable, and I am totally miffed withmyself for letting my head win the game on this one.

Having said that, I didn't get to the gym this morning either, so knowledge doesn't always lead to action, but I am still working on it.

Saturday, a lady I have met through the monthly lapband support group meetups had a Christmas party at her place and I had a great time, she is a brainy scientist and half the people there where scientics from her work and the other half where old school buddies she has recently been able to find again and me :o) and I really didn't feel awkward at all. I enjoyed meeting all these new people and we seemed to get along great. That not feeling out of place is a vast improvement.

She is one of the few successful lapbanders that come to the monthly meetups, and I really do find herti be very motivational and supportive. Everyone else is either having problems with the band or have moved on to other WLS and are having great success that way.

And while at her place, I noticed something hat seems to be very familiar with sucessful bandsters, vitamins! She has them on her kitchen bench where they can't be missed and she is religious with taking them. That is something that I have never been able to get into a regular habit with, and something I will be working on!

I really think that I have just forgotten all the basics over the last few years, and even when I see them written down, or someone tells me what they are, I am not seeing or hearing them. Laziness is a part if it, I get bored with doing things over and over again, and not seeing hugh results straight away. To help, I am starting to work on my goals next year and am leaning towards visual aids, charts and reward stickers. Yes I know it sounds like I am five again, but if it works, I am all for it.

I am thinking that 2013 will be the year of the good habits, because that is what my life and my journey is really missing, good habits that benifit me and my weight loss.

And I think I will end this rambling post on that note! Have a great Monday and enjoy the rest of the week :o)

3 comments:

  1. I am terrible, TERRIBLE about vitamins. As in...I don't take them. Oy. I knoooooooow right? When I have my annual physical next month I'll probably be kicking myself...

    I am going to remember your words when I have my surgery this week (having a lumpectomy) and remind myself that just cause I can't run doesn't mean I can't exercise at all. Just gotta change it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this and realizing that I forgot to take my vitamins this morning. Duh!
    How fun to go to a party of strangers and still have a great time. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all of my chewy vitamins lined up in my cupboard - I consider them my 'dessert' after dinner.

    Glad that you had a nice time at the party!

    ReplyDelete